What I Want in The Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What I Want in The Draft

WestCoast13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
As we all know we need a playmaker on offense. I say that we draft Ted Ginn Jr. (WR) from Ohio St. He is the fastest player in the draft and can take it to the hosue on any given play. He would finally add explosiveness to a dull offense and give Culpepper a major weapon upon his return. If we were to draft him, then I say we trade Chambers for a 3rd or 4th round pick and see what we could get for McMichael also. Ginn could then be our explosive downfield threat and we could have Booker as our possesion WR and Welker as our 3rd down WR while developing Hagan and Vick.

no thanks, im happy with chambers and booker and mcmike

Why not keep Chambers and Mcmike? Then get a offensive playmaker too so the other teams D would be TERRIFIED to play us. I mean stick with me here CC, RM, RB, DC (healthy and hopefully to pro bowl form again). Then add a deep threat burner with the D we have right now. WOW!!!!!

Theres no reason to get rid of Chambers. He's had an off year for sure, but plenty of players in this league do every year, and they all bounce back.

Wow to this thread. Thank Goodness West Coast 13 is not our coach!

yeh no kidding ... y get rid of playmakers instead of keeping them and adding another. well done, looks like you thought it through reeeeaaal well

You shouldn't trade Chambers, McMichael or Booker until you know you have people ready.

I'm all for drafting Ginn, but my logic is a bit different.

I don't see him as a guy that has to make an annual Pro Bowl, or wind up in the Hall of Fame. I see him as a guy whose speed and presence on the field can make everyone on the offense better, from helping clear out space for the receivers to making the o-line's job easier by helping prevent cheating up in the box, which in turn makes Ronnie Brown and (hopefully) Duante Culpepper more productive.

And if he's just a decent receiver, he should get his chances. Saban has said repeatedly he likes the deep strike, and if Culpepper can find his way back you'll have a QB that likes to throw it deep.

this draft should be all about getting players to have a solid ofensive team
we won six games to very tuff teams with a great defense imagine if we had a great offense in this draft is all going to be about drafting offensive linemen
t-end,qb,wr,maybe a cb to upgrade the secondary ,then when we have a solid offensive team we worry about the defence.just my opinion:dolphins:

yeh no kidding ... y get rid of playmakers instead of keeping them and adding another. well done, looks like you thought it through reeeeaaal well

Playmaker? What playmakers? IDK if you have wathced any games thsi year, but Chambers and McMichael have been non factors in more than a few games and have dropped a significant amount of passes thrown to them.

Playmaker? What playmakers? IDK if you have wathced any games thsi year, but Chambers and McMichael have been non factors in more than a few games and have dropped a significant amount of passes thrown to them.

McMichael has been forced to block alot and not go out on routes and Chambers has dropped passes, But everything is not there fault.

I'm not for getting rid of Chris Chambers, but I have to say he has had a VERY disappointing season. That being said, he has endured a very unstable year at the quarterback position. But then again, so did Marty Booker, who is having a great year. We drafted Chris in 2001 and every year we keep saying, "This will be the year Chris puts it all together!" After a great second half of the season last year, he has been virtually invisible for most of this season. We're left with more questions that answers about Chambers.

I do agree with one of the previous posters about McMichael being kept on the line for maximum protection early in the season having affected his production, but like Chambers, his inconsistency and drops have outshined his talent. Justin Peele isn't a starter, so we had better get a starting caliber TE in here if we even think about trading McMichael.

WR and TE are definitely positions where we need consistent playmakers next season. If one of the best WRs or TEs in the draft falls to us, I say we snatch them up in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom