What I would really like to know | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What I would really like to know

BGtoKNfor6

Where is the reset button?
Reaction score
is how much of our stagnation is the result of drafting bad players (crap scouts?) with low ceilings or the fact that we can never hire anyone who can progress players (technical coaches)? I think it should be rather obvious that the changing of the guard that has occurred frequently is NEVER going to be conducive to progression of anyone however some coaches had tenures that were longer than 2 seasons yet we still have never really seen anyone progressing like you see on other teams at ANY position IMO since the early 2000's when we had a dominant defense and we saw players like Taylor, Madison, Surtain and Thomas all become very good to great players in the NFL. Dansby and Wake (CFL) aside as they were products of other teams and good before they came to Miami, where is the consistent progression of players on our team? Once could argue that Starks and Soliai have progressed but they either hit their ceiling as I don't see them turning the page into perennial dominant players like you see a Vince Wilfork for example. I won't even talk about the status of the secondary because there is zero improvement there. Jones, Clemmons and Carroll all blow and Sean Smith looked great in camp because he was covering our current crop of lackluster wideouts. My mom would look good against them. Why every year for the past 5 years or so that we cannot cover a freaking tight end?

So on a serious note, WTF is wrong with the dolphins overall? To me it looks like it is all penned on the GM who should be the one responsible for brining in a head coach that brings along with him the technical position coaches that can get the job done. Who hires the scouts and has final say on the positional coaches ( I believe the positional coaches are anointed by the HC).

Back
Top Bottom