What if against the Jags the Dolphins passed the first 10 plays in a row | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if against the Jags the Dolphins passed the first 10 plays in a row

Sherif

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Everyone thinks they got film about how to beat the Phins from the Texans and that's what they've been doing. What if we expect that from the Jags and devise a plan to beat it with the passing attack. I mean come out like NE did against Pittsburg last year and just pass pass and pass for the first 10 plays.

That could be effective, assuming a lot of it was play-action passing.

What if against the Jags the Dolphins passed the first 10 plays in a row
Monkeys would be flying out of my butt.

Seriously though I know what you are saying, force them to play honest, establish the run using the pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would all hinge on how Jay throws. Yesterfday he couldn't hit the broad side of an aircraft carrier with a basketball.

LMAO

Thats an interesting idea. It could work. However, I don't think we'll do it. We tried that against the Texans, but to no avail......

The passing attack against the Steelers is pretty unique to the style of D that the Steelers run.

I'm not sure what this "formula" is that the Texans devised to beat the Phins. They played well, we did not. Thats the beginning and end of it. Its not as if they stifled Ricky. He had over 100 total yards and a TD against them, one long TD reception and one long TD run called back on a penalty the NFL itself admitted was bullsh!t. And I know they scored 21 points on our defense but that was because we ran all those zone defenses against them thinking David Carr was gonna get pressured all evening and toss it right into our defenders' hands. Thats the wrong D to play when you're facing a guy who is getting rid of the ball in less than 2 seconds and taking advantage of big physical WRs like Andre Johnson. The long TD pass was a short Bradford hitch, against a zone defense, and we missed two tackles uncharacteristically.

It happened again once or twice against the Jets (but far less often than the Texans). It didn't happen against the Bills and Giants. Obviously, the new zone coverages had a bit of a learning curve involved for these players to get comfortable.

Keep playing our game. Getting OUT of our game plan and trying to be some passing team cost us the Texans game. Don't let that happen again. Don't pretend we're something we are CLEARLY not.

Interesting thought, but it would probably take 4 different drives to tally 10 straight passes for Fiedler.:D

It would only work if there were a lot of short passes involved. Otherwise, we'd be punting a lot.

Back
Top Bottom