What If?? Dolphins Vs Cowboys In Sb 27 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What If?? Dolphins Vs Cowboys In Sb 27

With the 92 AFC title game, the 85 AFC title game and the Superbowl vs SF. We could not stop anyone on the ground in all 3 games, and we could not run the ball in all 3 games. I do believe that we matched up well vs the Bears in 85 and would of beat them again in the Superbowl that year. Miami beat the 49ers in the regular season in 83, they could not stop or slow them down on the ground in that Superbowl the following year. Miami got dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball in all 3 of those playoff losses. Which was the case through out most of Marino's career. They never had much of a running game until late in his career. And they could never stop the opposing teams running game until late in his career.

Totals from 85 AFC Title game VS NE

NE rushing yards 237
Miami rushing yards 68

92 AFC title game

Bills rushing yards 180
Miami rushing yards 35

Superbowl 19

49ers rushing yards 211
Miami rushing yards 25

With the 92 AFC title game, the 85 AFC title game and the Superbowl vs SF. We could not stop anyone on the ground in all 3 games, and we could not run the ball in all 3 games. I do believe that we matched up well vs the Bears in 85 and would of beat them again in the Superbowl that year. Miami beat the 49ers in the regular season in 83, they could not stop or slow them down on the ground in that Superbowl the following year. Miami got dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball in all 3 of those playoff losses. Which was the case through out most of Marino's career. They never had much of a running game until late in his career. And they could never stop the opposing teams running game until late in his career.

Totals from 85 AFC Title game VS NE

NE rushing yards 237
Miami rushing yards 68

92 AFC title game

Bills rushing yards 180
Miami rushing yards 35

Superbowl 19

49ers rushing yards 211
Miami rushing yards 25
Yep - and it wasn’t for lack of trying. In the SB we tried but every run got dropped for a loss while SF held the ball so long it limited the number of snaps we had to work with. The sickening thing was our guys couldn’t block their 3 or 4 on the front.

That Niners team, imo, is one of the best two or three teams in history.
Yep. Better than the ‘85 Bears by a lot. I don’t know why pundits don’t say this more often. If I’m a niners fan I’m pissed. Both went 19-1 and won the SB. Diff is SF beat a great team in the SB and only loss was a FG in OT vs the AFC runner up. Bears got creamed in one loss and beat a shitty team in the SB. One loss also came to AFC runner up (us) though.

Back
Top Bottom