What if Fitz becomes our new Matt Moore? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Fitz becomes our new Matt Moore?

Ummm - Moore went 3-1 in December w wins at Buffalo and New York to get us into the playoffs. Those were meaningful games. Philbin and Gase couldn’t win in December- at all. Oh, and Moore’s work last year in KC is a huge reason they got home field - beating a very good Minny team and pitching a save in the game Mahomes got hurt were huge. Andy Reid called him out of retirement and put him ahead of Chad Henne immediately to back up Mahomes. Moore has a SB ring. Fitz has never contributed to any of 386 teams he’s played on in over 1.837 years of football making the playoffs.

Matt Moore was a better QB than Fitz. Fitz is cool and all but he stinks and always stank. There is no such thing as “Fitzmagic” - there was never any magic.

PS - as to the original premise of the thread, the words “new” and “Fitzpatrick” do not belong in the same sentence.
You can believe what you want, he did us no favors.

Fitzpatrick is mat moore in 2011.. show must go on now.. they all ready made move for futures. All young qb are doing good in 2020 draft class.. let Tua play..

Yeah, Tannehill had won 7 out of the previous 8 games, and Moore went 2-1.
Moore went 2-0 and a save in the regular season. The loss was in the playoff game - where he set a Franchise record for passing at 29-36. Dan Marino wouldn’t have won that game our defense couldn’t stop Pitt and game was over 5 minutes in.

Moore made the plays that beat the Cards at the end and then beat the Jets and Bills in December - in Buffalo. Something we hadn’t done in forever. His QBR and PPG were higher than the offense under Tannehill that year so let’s not minimize his contribution.

Really? Running the table didn’t help us get to the playoffs?
Matt Moore did his job and we were rewarded for having kept him around for so long. Its important to have a guy that can come in and play for few weeks if your starter is down.

Now Ryan Fitzpatrick? No we need a new option. He is too old and his skills will only get worse with each passing year. The upsession these teams have with not trying to find more qbs has absolutely killed some franchises.

Remember how comfortable the colts were with hoyer or the falcons with Schaub a couple of years ago? I don't care if they "know the system" and are "nice guys". If they can't play at a high level they shouldnt be on the team

We’d be better off with the real Matt Moore age wise. We could poach him at any time (not saying get Matt Moore just making a point). I like Fitz and I’d be fine with him staying here as a backup but that shelf life is probably a year or 2 tops. If there’s a team in transition next year looking for a starter that’s probably what Fitz would do. The way Cam Newton looks lately (absolutely pathetic) he may just complete that AFC east tour next year.

I think posters in this thread are being too hard on both guys. I mean watching Wilson and Murray duke it out last night was a blast and there are obviously other QB’s playing at a very high level but there is a lot of garbage QB play. There is no way in holy hell Fitz is the 32nd best QB in the NFL no matter how much you may hate him. If you think that you must not watch a lot of football. There are bigger names playing garbage QB right now. Matt Moore could start Sunday and he wouldn’t even be number 32, I saw some bad QB play yesterday.

I think they did Fitz a favor by benching him at this time. Everyone saying how great he is playing, he should be a sought after FA after this season for a back-up or potential bridge starter. I'm sure Fins will like him as a back-up but Fitz could probably punch his own ticket if he still wants to play.

Our next matt moore but with a thousand times more talent than moore.

Back
Top Bottom