What if Fitz becomes our new Matt Moore? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Fitz becomes our new Matt Moore?

I was all for keeping Fitz as a mentor but not after that press conference.
Fitz had his stage and he did it. I would be pissed too, place holder or no. As an athlete there is nothing less than pissed based off performance. He is the wizard though and will accept it and is the ultimate guy to be in this position. I hope we hold his contract through next year. Naw man, all I can say.

Hear me out!

What is Tua becomes the NEW Tannehill, lots of mistakes, no pocket presence, inconsistent, you know all that good old stuff, and instead of calling for Matt Moore, we now call for Fitzpatrick to come in and gun sling? I can almost see it. Another posted hinted at what if Tua has a TERRIBLE first game...

I can see myself calling for Fitz first sign of trouble! I can see many of you as well. Many hear think college football stardom translates equally to NFL stardom. I am not sure why, but there is a reason these talented rookies sit on the sidelines and practice practice practice in their first year.

I hope this goes well, but, I can't help but think "Fins will Fins". We just haven't got any luck, EVER, especially at this position since Dan. Fitz was actually a breath of fresh air, for once. Will Tua take that fresh air and make it legendary? It's a lot to put on a kid. Many fans are asking for the sun, moon and the stars from him already. Many fans are also impatient.

It will be interesting to say the least!

Yup this post and thread has pissed you off already!? :)
False premise
RT was the result of bad coaching and bad OL. I don't mind mirroring RT this year for Tua.

Fitz himself called the move a forever thing... Anyone calling for Fitz with the intention of winning football games is delusional.

Fitz himself called the move a forever thing... Anyone calling for Fitz with the intention of winning football games is delusional.

Maybe I'm being to precise, but I'd say "Anyone calling for Fitz to replace TT with the intention of winning football games is delusional.

I'm more concerned with keeping an eye on Tua's throw velocity than I am and worrying about his decision making. If he's healthy, Tua will become a good decision maker. It's his biggest strength. He's fairly accurate, so if he makes good decisions and throws accurate balls, he will be successful in the NFL with an average velocity. But if he's not fully recovered and keeps making wet noodle throws, he's setting himself up for a very rough rookie season, and a real gut-check to the ole confidence. Some QB's never recover from that ... but I have hope that Tua is resilient enough to get through it even if it does happen.

Fitz is Fitzmagic ... he has already eclipsed Matt Moore performance-wise. Unlike Moore he does not seem to be amenable to being a backup. I'd give it time though, because at his age, I'm sure his agent will explain to him that he's not going to get a different role anywhere ... and everything else is great here for him in Miami.

Even when we finally got rid of Matt Moore we can't get rid of Matt Moore.
Never get rid of Matt Moore. Isn't he still playing/backing up? Feels like he is. He's immortal either way.

Thanks guys for the replies and logic. It is not an easy subject and as Fins fans we anticipate failure 98% of the time even though we are hopeful. Hopefully, with that said, our luck changes and things go awesome, for once. Here is to hoping!

Never get rid of Matt Moore. Isn't he still playing/backing up? Feels like he is. He's immortal either way.

Thanks guys for the replies and logic. It is not an easy subject and as Fins fans we anticipate failure 98% of the time even though we are hopeful. Hopefully, with that said, our luck changes and things go awesome, for once. Here is to hoping!
My problem with Matt Moore would be the same problem I will have with Fitz. He isn't the answer and if the QB that you drafted in the first round is playing so the debate comes up of "who's the better starter" that becomes a depressing debate since you missed on your QB.

If Tua ends up in a debate about whether he or Fitz should be starting, that will be highly depressing.

My problem with Matt Moore would be the same problem I will have with Fitz. He isn't the answer and if the QB that you drafted in the first round is playing so the debate comes up of "who's the better starter" that becomes a depressing debate since you missed on your QB.

If Tua ends up in a debate about whether he or Fitz should be starting, that will be highly depressing.

Maybe I'm reading too much into your post, but it sounds like you're saying 'don't get a very good backup so there will be no debate. If so, we disagree. I'm not arguing for a top 10 as backup, but at least good enough there will be some faith he can come in and win games

I think comparing Moore to Fitz is a slap in the face to Fitz. Moore was a WR concussion waiting to happen because of his late reads and inaccurate throws. Moore never won a meaningful game here, so please stop.

I think comparing Moore to Fitz is a slap in the face to Fitz. Moore was a WR concussion waiting to happen because of his late reads and inaccurate throws. Moore never won a meaningful game here, so please stop.
he won a few,at Jets at Buffalo in the playoff run, I don't think Tannehill would've won those games

But it was Matt Moore and not Tannehill who willed us to the playoffs!!!!! If i recall from many on here, Tannehill gets no credit for that season

We as Dolphins fans are so conditioned to be skeptical.. (With good reason), But Good coaches Teach and Develop that’s what separates bad and Good in the NFL. We haven’t had any regime patient or smart enough to Teach ,Develop ,then put the Player in a position to succeed. COACHING is the Key to NFL success.. Let Tua develop and learn. He will find his way to the Top..

Back
Top Bottom