What if Fitz becomes our new Matt Moore? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Fitz becomes our new Matt Moore?

I think comparing Moore to Fitz is a slap in the face to Fitz. Moore was a WR concussion waiting to happen because of his late reads and inaccurate throws. Moore never won a meaningful game here, so please stop.
Ummm - Moore went 3-1 in December w wins at Buffalo and New York to get us into the playoffs. Those were meaningful games. Philbin and Gase couldn’t win in December- at all. Oh, and Moore’s work last year in KC is a huge reason they got home field - beating a very good Minny team and pitching a save in the game Mahomes got hurt were huge. Andy Reid called him out of retirement and put him ahead of Chad Henne immediately to back up Mahomes. Moore has a SB ring. Fitz has never contributed to any of 386 teams he’s played on in over 1.837 years of football making the playoffs.

Matt Moore was a better QB than Fitz. Fitz is cool and all but he stinks and always stank. There is no such thing as “Fitzmagic” - there was never any magic.

PS - as to the original premise of the thread, the words “new” and “Fitzpatrick” do not belong in the same sentence.

Frank%E2%80%99s%20Bacon%20Cheeseburger_2019-01-30_9355_TSUCALAS.jpg

But it was Matt Moore and not Tannehill who willed us to the playoffs!!!!! If i recall from many on here, Tannehill gets no credit for that season
It was a team effort. Tannehill, Ajai, Moore, Kiko (pick six to beat SD when we were about to lose). Moore has a better QBR than Ryan and the offense PPG was higher too. He did beat Buffalo on the road in December- something Ryan never did. So there are reasons why Moore’s work that year is looked fondly upon by some here including me. I like both guys. Moore was never capable of playing the way he did that year for 16 games. Just like Fitz has never been capable of playing well for 16 games. Tannehill is capable and that’s why he was our starter. He’s now peaking in Tenn and we are seeing just how good he can be.

Everybody will get a kick out of this. I listen to WEEI Boston and they like Cam but think he stinks as a passer. They actually discussed Newton for Fitzpatrick straight up and 2 of the 3 hosts liked the idea. Thought is was funny!

Everybody will get a kick out of this. I listen to WEEI Boston and they like Cam but think he stinks as a passer. They actually discussed Newton for Fitzpatrick straight up and 2 of the 3 hosts liked the idea. Thought is was funny!
That is funny indeed!

Maybe I'm reading too much into your post, but it sounds like you're saying 'don't get a very good backup so there will be no debate. If so, we disagree. I'm not arguing for a top 10 as backup, but at least good enough there will be some faith he can come in and win games
No I'm saying have a good backup but if your franchise QB is comparable to said backup it's time to draft another QB.

So if there is ever a debate between Tua and Fitz, Tua is a bust.

And the people who thought Matt Moore was the answer and/or Fitzpatrick are a bust.

Last edited:
No I'm saying have a good backup but if your franchise QB is comparable to said backup it's time to draft another QB.

So if there is ever a debate between Tua and Fitz, Tua is a bust.

And the people who thought Matt Moore was the answer and/or Fitzpatrick are a bust.

Fair enough

Tua is ride or die now, we will go through any growing pains and give the guy just as many seasons as we gave Tannehill to take that "next step". That's it for our quarterback search for six years. The coach gets three years guaranteed too. No rookie comes in and wins super bowls, so don't get your hopes up unrealistically, but he can (potentially) do anything Mahomes can do. I hope he is durable and not getting knocked out every season, that's my only fear. I'm all in.

Cam for Fitz straight up, no thanks. I take a third thou.

If you have to start a post with "hear me out!" it's more than likely going to fall into the TLDR rubbish pile.

Back
Top Bottom