what if Lucas... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what if Lucas...

dolphinron

Active Roster
Reaction score
What if Lucas goes 4-0 or 5-0 and looks unbelievable. Does Wanny keep him the starter and make Fiedler #2 the way New England did last year with Brady?

It sure would spark the mother of all QB controversies. If Lucas plays lights out (95 or above QB rating) AND we have success with the long ball while he is in there. The Fiedler bashers are going to come out of the woodwork and it will snowball. Wanny will try to downplay it and say Jay IS the starter, but the scrutiny and second guessing of JF will double(can you imagine???).

IMO, IF Lucas does everything that Jay can do PLUS he can connect on the long ball consistently. I would have to go with Lucas. If Lucas can't master the short routes ( i.e, put some touch on the ball) and he hurts our productivity there, then Jay should keep his job.

Originally posted by inFINSible
It sure would spark the mother of all QB controversies.
Have you guys not been listening to Wanne. There is and will never be a QB contraversy in Miami. Ray will only play as long as Jay is hurt. Ray can look like the 2nd coming or Marino or Elway and he will go back to the bench as soon as Jay is healthy. That is reality - time to face it.

You better hope you're wrong, ice, because he's our QB for the next month, right?

I agree 39, Wanny may stick to his guns but, that has little to do with whether there would be controversy or not. Jay is a good QB and a great leader but if Lucas comes in and shows he can do the same thing PLUS he has a gun that can deliver the deep ball on target.....the FANS are going to be relentless if Fiedler so much as throws a ball BEHIND a receiver....it could get ugly.
....and what if Fiedler comes back after a month and throws three picks in his first game back because he's rusty( Marino threw 5 because of rust)....all this after Lucas has played spectacularly......man, oh man, oh man...*shaking head* I don't even want to think about it.

Did they announce that Jay is going to be out for a month? I know he is out against the Bills and then we have a bye but what have you heard about after that? I thought we didn't know how severe the inury was yet.

If Ray comes in and plays lights out, he has to stay the starter. Jay Fiedler did NOTHING but piss me off last night. I am on the verge of just heading on over to the Fiedler basher side.

If Mobley had caught that sure fire INT, the game would have been over, and it would have been Jay costing us the game. He consistenly threw into coverage, and had several near picks dropped.

With all of Jay's smarts, I have had it with his stupidity on the field. Yea he is a tough S.O.B., but damn it, if you broke your thumb, GET OUT OF THE GAME!!! STOP TOSSING PASSES INTO DOUBLE COVERAGE!!

If Ray plays smart, and can complete the deep pass, I will be one of the people screaming for him to stay in.

It was a hell of a game, and I am glad we won, but we could of sooooooo easily lost. Thank God for our defense..again.

I'm going by two things 1) Warner is out 8-10 weeks with a broken thumb on his throwing hand....maybe Fiedlers' injury is not as bad as Warner's so I'm giving him half as long to recover, conservative estimate, I think.....2) dolphinron, that started this thread, used 4-0 or 5-0 to ask his question.....that =month, to me.
Definately nothing official!!!!! Just me guessing. So relax, I guess wrong alot.;)

Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
If Ray comes in and plays lights out, he has to stay the starter. Jay Fiedler did NOTHING but piss me off last night. I am on the verge of just heading on over to the Fiedler basher side.

If Mobley had caught that sure fire INT, the game would have been over, and it would have been Jay costing us the game. He consistenly threw into coverage, and had several near picks dropped.

With all of Jay's smarts, I have had it with his stupidity on the field. Yea he is a tough S.O.B., but damn it, if you broke your thumb, GET OUT OF THE GAME!!! STOP TOSSING PASSES INTO DOUBLE COVERAGE!!

If Ray plays smart, and can complete the deep pass, I will be one of the people screaming for him to stay in.

It was a hell of a game, and I am glad we won, but we could of sooooooo easily lost. Thank God for our defense..again.

You and me both, brother! That last one would have been the third TO by Fiedler. This "Big Game" crap has got to stop.
Jay got LUCKY!!!! That's all I'm gonna say for now.

if you listen

Originally posted by Adphinistrator87

to some quotes of people who were in the stadium.

The last pass was a must to Ward. We needed big yardage to have a chance at a FG try and the Broncos dropped back with everything they had.

Ward was in a 4 man sqare and McKnight was in tigh coverage. Only chance Fiedler had was to throw high enough over the linebacker and hope that ward gets high enough up as well. If the ball was a little to high it would have gone over ward as well.

The talk was that the velocity of Fiedler's throw carried through the hands of the Denver linebacker and straight into ward's chest.

If you look at the tape the ball zipped right through it.

The defender was better off just batting it down and we may had to try another play.

Fiedler had some ill throws but he had some good ones as well....every QB does that. Period. I don't even know why standards are raised beyond what the "great" QBs do. Did you hear the announcers say "look. this is how accurate Jay Fiedler is"?

What people tend to forget is....that Marino had many, many "ill advised" throws. Why do you think he had his greatest success with Clayton and Duper? They bailed him out many times, breaking up his routes to help out a QB whose pocket collapsed. Many times they went high up to pull down a Marino pass.

I love Dan as much as anybody but in an objective view I have to say that without Clayton and Duper, many of his records would not stand today and we would not be the winningest franchise in the NFL.

Look at all the other teams.....Fiedler would be welcomed on many teams and would be the starter as well.

Originally posted by dolphinron
What if Lucas goes 4-0 or 5-0 and looks unbelievable. Does Wanny keep him the starter and make Fiedler #2 the way New England did last year with Brady?

I am a Dolphins fan first. I want my team to win. With Jay, Ray, Sage, Druck or even JJJ (remember him) at QB...lol.

I hope Ray goes 4-0. If he goes 4-0 he has beaten three mediocre teams (Bills, Jets, Baltimore) and one good one (Packers). It would be considered a QB controversy but not nec warrants a guarantee of changing QBs.

I want whats best for the team. Therefore I want Lucas to go unbeaten in his stint..as long as it may last....1 game, 2 games...a whole season.

Re: if you listen

Originally posted by FFiB

to some quotes of people who were in the stadium.

The last pass was a must to Ward. We needed big yardage to have a chance at a FG try and the Broncos dropped back with everything they had.

Ward was in a 4 man sqare and McKnight was in tigh coverage. Only chance Fiedler had was to throw high enough over the linebacker and hope that ward gets high enough up as well. If the ball was a little to high it would have gone over ward as well.

The talk was that the velocity of Fiedler's throw carried through the hands of the Denver linebacker and straight into ward's chest.

If you look at the tape the ball zipped right through it.

The defender was better off just batting it down and we may had to try another play.

Fiedler had some ill throws but he had some good ones as well....every QB does that. Period. I don't even know why standards are raised beyond what the "great" QBs do. Did you hear the announcers say "look. this is how accurate Jay Fiedler is"?

What people tend to forget is....that Marino had many, many "ill advised" throws. Why do you think he had his greatest success with Clayton and Duper? They bailed him out many times, breaking up his routes to help out a QB whose pocket collapsed. Many times they went high up to pull down a Marino pass.

I love Dan as much as anybody but in an objective view I have to say that without Clayton and Duper, many of his records would not stand today and we would not be the winningest franchise in the NFL.

Look at all the other teams.....Fiedler would be welcomed on many teams and would be the starter as well.

Exactly ............

exactly how long is Fiedler going to be out? When I went to sleep last night it was a week now its changed.

Back
Top Bottom