What If Next Years Qb's Stay In School? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What If Next Years Qb's Stay In School?

Unless something really odd happens...Tua and Fromm have nothing to gain by staying another year. If Lawrence comes out they will be pushed back to QB2 and QB3..if Lawrence stays they are in the same position this year.

I saw where slimm said tua is an early entry at bama. That helps

I think it’s 50/50 if he doesn’t have a degree he comes out. Hawaiians aren’t all about money all the time. My experience at least. He doesn’t strike me that way either

Herbert will be in the class and will get drafted top 5ish worst case on physical tools. Just like josh Allen did. I don’t care what that tape in 19 looks like. The nfl loves elite tools

Unless something really odd happens...Tua and Fromm have nothing to gain by staying another year. If Lawrence comes out they will be pushed back to QB2 and QB3..if Lawrence stays they are in the same position this year.

Ok... but let’s add all the teams with aging QB’s to the list next year(New England, Pittsburgh, Denver, San Diego, Giants, Green Bay, New Orleans,)... and the teams that are moving on from their Tannehill’s(Cinncinati, Oakland, Tennessee, Washington, Detroit)....all could go for the QB class of 2020.

The kid i can see staying is Fromm, not Tua.

Herbert returning this year was surprising to me.

I can see Fromm also. Cause he doesn’t have elite level tools which will get him knocked by evaluators. By knocked I mean probably out of top 5 consideration.

Herbert kinda surprised me but I think it was good for him.

Last edited:
Ok... so all we have to do is have the worst record in football... or trade away the farm to get to the first pick!
Rather do that than draft jay cutler 2.0 who isn’t interested in even altering his style of play

Thinks he’s Aaron Rodgers already

Lawrence
Tua
Murray

In that order. All worth the # 1 overall pick

If tua will graduate early then I’m all in on going 0 and 16 to secure him over anything else.

But every win in 19 will be like running your fingers across a chalk board. Cause if you don’t get #1 I guarantee assuming health you won’t get him if the top pick team needs a qb.

I think Lawrence tua Murray are the best prospects at qb since luck.

Murray’s effortless throws at his pro day were like his college tape. A highlight reel.

I’d pay the price to go to #1 for any of them

Ok... but let’s add all the teams with aging QB’s to the list next year(New England, Pittsburgh, Denver, San Diego, Giants, Green Bay, New Orleans,)... and the teams that are moving on from their Tannehill’s(Cinncinati, Oakland, Tennessee, Washington, Detroit)....all could go for the QB class of 2020.

We are gonna have another Tannehill on our hands if we pick Haskins or lock. They are gonna ride the bench in 2019 anyway. Be patient young grasshopper.

We are gonna have another Tannehill on our hands if we pick Haskins or lock. They are gonna ride the bench in 2019 anyway. Be patient young grasshopper.

You must not know fitz life story. He benches himself. Lol

That Tigers not changing his stripes.

You must not know fitz life story. He benches himself. Lol

That Tigers not changing his stripes.

Haha watch your mouth. Someone with the initials of CM is gonna drop in here and show you some fitz stats for the past five years and how great he is even though 9 teams have let him go in that time frame.

It's crazy to think what a top 3 pick in 2020 might be worth. Basically throw all the value charts out the window because it's going to be unprecedented. A team might need to mortgage their entire 2020 and 2021 drafts to even have a chance at selecting one of these guys. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with that idea but one thing I know for sure is that if the plan is to select a first round QB in 2020 we sure as hell better make sure we finish bottom 3 - (not 8-8, not 4-12, it's got to be <2 wins max). I really don't like this concept at all (goes against my moral compass as a fan) but we have to be all in if that's the plan; no half measures.

I also wonder that if we were in position to select one of these players and another team were to offer us two years worth of draft picks would you take it? I'd be very tempted myself and I'm sure glad I won't have to make that decision, lol.

Back
Top Bottom