What If Next Years Qb's Stay In School? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What If Next Years Qb's Stay In School?

I doubt they do. Herbert almost came out this year, but decided to get more ready for the NFL, he's not going to turn it down twice. Tua went to Alabama, and those guys have a strong track record of coming out, so I suspect he will declare also. The only one that might stay is Georgia's Jake Fromm, but Georgia always has a lot of talent, and I think he's planning to declare as well. I hope he declares, because he's my top choice for our offense.

Haha watch your mouth. Someone with the initials of CM is gonna drop in here and show you some fitz stats for the past five years and how great he is even though 9 teams have let him go in that time frame.

You mean nyjunc

If it’s not him it must be in that New York water

To all of the people that compare Drew Lock to Jay Cutler, could you imagine if Jay Cutler LOVED football?

That shows you don’t know anything about the player.
Mmmk, and you are the qb authority? Look, I get that lock has become your man crush and that’s fine and all, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

The video posted in the other thread- he directly says that he is like Aaron Rodgers and it will be hard for him to change that. - throwing off kilter, but that’s who he is “Unless someone REALLY wants him to change that”

And absolutely this dude seems like he cares more about football than cutler did. But I don’t remember cutler coming out either, what his personality is like

Lock seemingly is more accurate the deeper he throws. What makes you so sure he is some elite qb? His off target passes and below 60% completion don’t make you a little bit weary? Nah- “he’s the best qb of this draft”

And, @BlueFin - if we do draft him I’m absolutely going to root for him and hope he succeeds, but if we don’t draft him - i will be happy too

It's crazy to think what a top 3 pick in 2020 might be worth. Basically throw all the value charts out the window because it's going to be unprecedented. A team might need to mortgage their entire 2020 and 2021 drafts to even have a chance at selecting one of these guys. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with that idea but one thing I know for sure is that if the plan is to select a first round QB in 2020 we sure as hell better make sure we finish bottom 3 - (not 8-8, not 4-12, it's got to be <2 wins max). I really don't like this concept at all (goes against my moral compass as a fan) but we have to be all in if that's the plan; no half measures.

I also wonder that if we were in position to select one of these players and another team were to offer us two years worth of draft picks would you take it? I'd be very tempted myself and I'm sure glad I won't have to make that decision, lol.

It's all about how much conviction you have that one of those QBs is the next Manning, Luck, Rivers, etc.

I would consider it. In today's game where salary cap and draft picks are worth so much, you'd be crazy not to consider a boat load of picks if there is still a QB you really like, that you or the next......or one about to become a FA that you can build a young team for and say here you go.

Back
Top Bottom