What if our next coach pushes for us to acquire Derek Carr | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if our next coach pushes for us to acquire Derek Carr

Carr is about to turn 31 and has a career record of 57-70, a career passer rating of 92.4, and an annual cap hit of $22 million.

Tua is 23 and has a career record of 13-8, a career passer rating of 88.8, and an annual cap hit of $8 million.

Why do some of you watch football?
You can’t sit here and compare a veteran and rookie qb contract.

Would you be for or against it? Let’s just say we want a qb competition in Miami.
I would definitely be for it. Carr is legit top 10 QB.

There would be no competition. Carr is a lot better than Tua. If you want competition for Carr, bring in one of these guys who will be playing next weekend. He could still beat a couple of them out. There are only a couple who won't be playing next weekend who could hang with Carr.

I like Derek. He's underrated in my opinion, despite not having a great game yesterday or Saturday or whatever. He can drop dimes under pressure, we saw it when we played him.
What he can do, what Herbert could do, and what the majority of the QBs still playing can do, is move the chains when there is a negative play, such as; a penalty, a sack, or run stuffed for a loss.

I noted this when chatting with a phins fan while watching that Raiders vs Chargers game. It has to be nice when you can take a sack and feel like your offense can over come it, still pick up the first down, and keep a scoring drive alive. 2nd and 16 and you have total confidence that your QB can throw a strike on either play to pick up the 17+ yards. You don't have to hope to pick up half of it or so on 2nd down so that you can get to a "3rd and manageable."

3rd and manageable is a totally different scenario for the teams that have a real QB and teams that don't. For teams with QBs like Carr, 3rd and 12 is manageable. For the dolphins, 3rd and 6 or less is manageable. This has been a huge issue for the dolphins for a while.

Would you be for or against it? Let’s just say we want a qb competition in Miami.
I think Carr is a franchise qb. He's not elite, but I feel can take team far. Get some more talent around, but he's been the guy to really carry raiders over the dysfunction for many years. The guy's got heart and has lead raiders to many 4th quarter wins. I don't like how he holds on the ball too much sometimes tho

David Carr could absolutely beat out tua!!!
You mean Dereck not David. David was horrible, and one of the biggests busts in nfl history lol. Amazing the difference between both brothers. But also shows how putting a qb in the right situation when a rookie is huge. It can make or break a young qb. Who knows if David's path would have been different if he wasn't on a horrible texans team and getting killed with an atrocious o line constantly

I'll take Carr over Tua any day of the week. Tua will never be Elite. He just a average QB. Carr is above average. So it's a upgrade in my eyes
Can I borrow your crystal ball, all knowing one. Seems only you can see into the future before it has occurred.

Any coach coming in will gladly take Tua. It’s a free year…

If Tua doesn’t make great strides, coach gets his choice of QBs the year after.
Glad you are able to read Ross’ mind about that issue. You must talk to Ross regularly, I take it.

I warched the Raiders a bit,the Last years,and there are reasons why Carr is every year doubtful ,He is Not better Then Tua, not only in my opinion,He only have a better Team around him.
You can Check Raiders Forums,and Twitter about this,its every year the Same Like Here with our QBs.

I'd be very concerned if a new coach wanted to trade for a game manager type QB when we have a guy on the roster who is likely to become nearly that same type of player. If Carr was a free agent, and willing to take less than top QB money, then maybe I'd be ok with giving it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom