What if our next coach pushes for us to acquire Derek Carr | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if our next coach pushes for us to acquire Derek Carr

When did Carr all of a sudden become Brees, Marino, and Brady. Yeah he’s DECENT but far From “the guy”
so give up ammunition for a guy who will just be pedestrian on this team?
Do you even watch the NFL? He’s not even a free agent
Put your head back into your Madden football screen

Kind of a left field post. Has there been any talk about us acquiring Carr or Carr wanting to come here?

Should we discuss getting Kyler too, or maybe Josh Allen? I'm completely confused by this thread...

Simply amazing the different standards that people have for QBs on other teams. I don't hate Carr as a QB but:

- His career passer rating is just average.
- He has been over 100 passer rating (barely) just twice in his career.
- He is 57-70 in the regular season and 0-1 in the post season.
- He has played behind some decent pass blocking OLs and has had support from the running game.
- His passer rating drops as the season progresses.

We ran a better QB out of town on a rail.

If we are going to try to upgrade the position, I'd prefer that the player be a clear upgrade and not a project.

Would you be for or against it? Let’s just say we want a qb competition in Miami.

I consider Carr's QB skills/play to be at a level with Bridgewater, Newton, Dalton, Fitzpatrick, Hurts. In other words, a $5 to $10 million salary per year QB.

Oh so you suggest the Fins actually trade for Carr? Bruhhhh!

Listen, not every coach will have a positive outlook in out situation. If someone believes we have a better shot with someone else so be it. Whether that coach is gonna come in and want different receivers in the roster or not, or if he feels Tua may or may not out, ultimate that is the coaches call. We payed Brisette a lot of money so what is the point? Would you be against the dolphins making a trade for someone like Carr? Obviously you are but this team could always make a move for him if they feel is in their best interests. As it stands, this offense is in need of 8 crucial positions and qb isnt one of them but we need a solid back up becauze Tua has not played a full season for us yet.

You mean Dereck not David. David was horrible, and one of the biggests busts in nfl history lol. Amazing the difference between both brothers. But also shows how putting a qb in the right situation when a rookie is huge. It can make or break a young qb. Who knows if David's path would have been different if he wasn't on a horrible texans team and getting killed with an atrocious o line constantly
Yup, Derrick

Back
Top Bottom