What if Ricky is cut by the end of training camp? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Ricky is cut by the end of training camp?

Megatron

The POFO bully.
Reaction score
Just a thought that I personally don't think Ricky will even make the team. You can't fake a love of football, and it's that little bit extra that makes a great player. He doesn't have it. Probably never did.

Megatron said:
Just a thought that I personally don't think Ricky will even make the team. You can't fake a love of football, and it's that little bit extra that makes a great player. He doesn't have it. Probably never did.

well then i guess he sure faked it for atleast 1 season.

but i wouldnt be surprised if hes cut. and his debt erased. and he will just fade away.

every roster spot is needed in the NFL.

ch19079 said:
well then i guess he sure faked it for atleast 1 season.

but i wouldnt be surprised if hes cut. and his debt erased. and he will just fade away.

every roster spot is needed in the NFL.
Oh he's always had the talent and physical ability don't get me wrong. But that weight loss and being away from the game for a year will have affected him. Also if anyone thinks he "has his head straight now" you'll be in for a surprise mid-season I'm sure.

Its my understanding that if Ricky gets cut by the end of training camp he will still owe the money. The 8.6 million dollar debt isnt dependant on what Ricky does now, its dependant on what Ricky did in July '04.

What if Ricky is cut??

Megatron said:
transformers005-1.jpg
is all I have to say about that.... :blowup:

I think if he comes back (I still think its an IF), he does not last three weeks into training camp until he quits again!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I think if he comes back (I still think its an IF), he does not last three weeks into training camp until he quits again!
I hear ya brother.

Megatron said:
I hear ya brother.

Long time, no talk! I've been busy coaching and working!

Ricky will get hit so hard the first few weeks, he will go back to being a budda! :ears:

• RW played at 210 in college so he could go from 190-5 to 210 by November.
  • RW is a power back and has always punished the opposition as much as himself.
  • RW was never an issue in the locker room until he quit. If he can come back and help the Dolphins win he will be accepted by most and tolerated by some.

yankeehillbilly said:
Its my understanding that if Ricky gets cut by the end of training camp he will still owe the money. The 8.6 million dollar debt isnt dependant on what Ricky does now, its dependant on what Ricky did in July '04.

so how long does ricky have to be on the team to have the debt removed?
or does he jsut owe the team 8 mil, and the team is offering him a job?

i dont think ricky can make the team as he is now. and i dont think the team will ever see that 8 mil.

And if he does quit again, I won't care this time- we have Ronnie. Also, I'm SICK AND TIRED of hearing about Ricky. It's the story that just won't go away. If he quits again or is cut, I motion for posters who so much as mention Ricky's after that on this site name be banned.

thedayafter said:
  • RW was never an issue in the locker room until he quit. If he can come back and help the Dolphins win he will be accepted by most and tolerated by some.

All true, but he has changed. Look back at the 2003 season, he punished nobody, he ran out of bounds so he did not get hit a ton of times.

And yes that could be smart on his part, but I think he started losing his love for the game then, because he would always run someone over before running out of bounds.

But who really knows whats in that nuts head!

thedayafter said:
* No way are college players as big or as good as NFL players.

* A smaller frame will mean more punishment for Ricky and less for the opposition.

* Jason Taylor and Pat Surtain had no problems ripping Ricky after he quit on the team last year. Doesn't sound like Ricky was a strong lockerroom presence, in fact he was a constant concern because of his failed drug tests. He'll have to compete against younger more hungry players with no support from veterans he's played with and no special considerations from the coaches.

Back
Top Bottom