What if Ricky sucks **s | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Ricky sucks **s

jaketaylor

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I wonder if all of the "Welcome back Ricky" people will still be so happy he came back. Most of them just assume that he is going to be a thousand yard back. My theory is that the year off and loss of passion for the game ended that guy. Anyway, when October comes around and he is either hurt or abandones the team or just plain sucks, I will be curious to see how the Ricky people feel about him.

jaketaylor said:
I wonder if all of the "Welcome back Ricky" people will still be so happy he came back. Most of them just assume that he is going to be a thousand yard back. My theory is that the year off and loss of passion for the game ended that guy. Anyway, when October comes around and he is either hurt or abandones the team or just plain sucks, I will be curious to see how the Ricky people feel about him.

It will be fine. Like I said, he is a low risk high gain player.

If he sucks we still have Ronnie Brown.

I am not expecting him to truly get back to form anyway till around midseason. He will have to adjust back into the game first. He may do it slower, faster or he may never get back into it.

Doesn't matter though. He won't be the focal point on offense, so if he sucks he sucks.

FemaleFinFan said:
I'm still curious to know if he will come back. And if he does, will he even remain a fin....
Thats something my wife and I discussed yesterday. We think its still a long way until July and are skeptical that he will even come back. Thats alot of summer to find a field in India.

jaketaylor said:

What if Ronnie sucks @ss??? it's a two way street, nothing or noone is garaunteed anything, but it's nice to have some sort of assurance...Ricky has proved what he can do in the NFL, can he pickup where he left off remains to be seen, where as Ronnie hasn't even stepped on the field as a pro.

Here's how I look at it....

We intend to trade Ricky after the 2005 season. If Ricky wants to get paid the big bucks ever again, he'll have to prove he's worth it. This year will be his best chance to erase all of the questionmarks surrounding his skills being diminished since retiring. I think he'll play as hard as ever based on the fact that next year, someone will want his services.

PHINZ RULE!!!

Predaphin said:
What if Ronnie sucks @ss??? it's a two way street, nothing or noone is garaunteed anything, but it's nice to have some sort of assurance...Ricky has proved what he can do in the NFL, can he pickup where he left off remains to be seen, where as Ronnie hasn't even stepped on the field as a pro.

Thats a great point.
I would however want a young unproven guy who wants to play and wants to be a professional over a proven guy who is a quitter and doesnt want to be a professional. Yet, that would really, really throw the wrench in the wheels if Brown doesnt come through as a productive top 10 back.

Predaphin said:
:eek:
Williams is insurance then????????????????
I would rather be self insured or depend on one of the other rb's on the roster if something would happen to R Brown than expect Williams to stick around and step up to help the team!!!!!!!!
:shakeno:

Marino1983

jaketaylor said:
i agree

jaketaylor said:
Insert Ronnie Brown...it's as EASY as that

Marino1983 said:
:eek:
Williams is insurance then????????????????
I would rather be self insured or depend on one of the other rb's on the roster if something would happen to R Brown than expect Williams to stick around and step up to help the team!!!!!!!!
:shakeno:

Marino1983

Are you serious?? you really think Sammy Morris or Travis Minor or Lamar Gordon can do what Ricky did for us 2 years ago??? Do you honestly belive they would be able to run 300+ yds in back to back games (one of them in the snow)??? It's not like Ricky has been gone for 5 years, sure he's not at the same weight, but if he is planning on coming back then that is something he is probably working on right now....

Some of you guys need to swallow your pride and not let it get to your heads, it really makes people look ignorant when it comes to football.

if he regains his form, the best case scenario is that we would have Ricky Williams split time with Ronnie Brown keeping them both fresh throughout the season . Could be a devastating 1-2 combination if everything works itself out, teams wouldn't know how to stop our rushing attack

jaketaylor said:

What makes you think that Ricky would suck?

Hes 28 years old and he only took a year off.

U think he forgot how to play football?:rolleyes:

I dont want him back but if hes in shape hes still more than capable of putting up Pro Bowl numbers!

If Ricky ends up playing terribly and screwing us over again... this time it won't matter as much to us. We can move on without him and we are ready to... I am pretty confidence with our team the way it is, and look at Ricky as a possibly bonus. If he sucks and/or walks out on us again... it will a helluva a lot easier to move on without him this time. Travis Minor won't be his replacement this time, we got Ronnie Brown. :rawk:

Back
Top Bottom