What if Ronnie | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Ronnie

Avalanche of Wins

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
what if ronnie is the second coming of blair thomas, and is a total flop. i would most likely jump off the roof of a building if our second overall is a flop. all of us here have been talking bout how great hes going to be ( which i frimly believe myself ), but what if he falls flat on his face, have we considered that?

Ok pal, calm down! Lets break this down a little and analyze it. If Ronnie Brown does bad his first game, he's not going to be a bust. (Contrary to belief unlike a lot of people here who will think differently and will be panicing and flipping out.) If he doesn't have a good rookie season, he isn't going to be a bust. I personally feel Ronnie Brown will have an immediate impact possible by midseason he'll be getting in a groove. You have to keep in mind this guy has never carried the load all by himself and been the main guy consistency. Our offensive line is basically a work in progress, and we all have to be patient and not only give Ronnie Brown some time but Hudson Houck and the offensive line. This is our year to start getting everything together on the playing field (much like we have been during the offseason) If we go on a winning streak and possibly a playoff run, great! If not, everyone's learning, it's a new system, new coaching, new faces, we need patience. I'm not saying that we should be patient like we all tried to be under the 5 Year Wanny ERA, but give us at least one season before we start panicing... or at least one game.. or at least ONE OFF SEASON! I have complete confidence in Ronnie Brown and if our Offensive Line improves tremendously from last year, I don't think there's anything to worry about. The key thing that we all must have is..... PATIENCE. Okay, that's my rant. I'm done.

Ronnie runs a bit like OJ....

Real smooth - and he's more powerful...Interesting burst and nice fluid moves - he like OJ with a bit of Ricky in him...

I know that OJ murdered his ex-wife and Ronald Goldman, and I hate him for that - but he was great...Really great...and Ronnie runs a bit like him...

lol i believe hes going to do great also, but my point was not our personal beliefs...but to the possibility of him being of bust....

painnotpleasure said:
I've always felt that the best comparison to Ronnie Brown was Marshall Faulk.

Maybe in the fact they can line up at WR, but if you want Ronnie's overall best comparison it's Deuce McAllister.

I always felt the best comparison for ronnie was Fred Taylor with better hands. I wouldnt say hes as shifty as Faulk but he can straight run you over.

As far as him being a bust; such is the fear anytime you pick in the top 10. If it happens, it happens. The draft is a crapshoot; you do your best scouting and hope it works out. Our draft looks good on paper and so lets hope these guys play as well as most of us think they will.

Jaj said:
Maybe in the fact they can line up at WR, but if you want Ronnie's overall best comparison it's Deuce McAllister.

Duece is the closest comparison...although Duece runs more upright then Ronnie. I think Ronnie has a better body lean and I like that. Less exposure to big shots and fumbles.

as it is I hope ronnie is not a bust now that i spent $80 on his orange jersey. What can brown do for me? Be a star like we hope he will be :)

We move on. See Chargers and Leaf - they went out and got Humpries (IIRC) and just went about their business... even if they didn't do great.

It's simple, really - we'll flip out a bit, sure... but we'll move on, somehow. If we could after Bosa and Kumerow...

If Ronnie struggles at all we have TWO other young back who can split time with him. If the running game struggles at all Ronnie can get his yards by catching passes out of the backfield.

I highly doubt this guy will be a bust. He's very good at too many things.

Back
Top Bottom