What if SF takes RB ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if SF takes RB ?

Damn. Why cant you guys just play along and answer the damn question? :angry:

First of all, I think it would be a real shocker. If it happened, I would take a long hard look at Aaron Rodgers and weigh his selection vs the option of trading down. However, I think if the 49ers select a RB, it would decrease our value at #2, since there will still be two WR's and QB's on the board when we pick - minimizng the urgency for other teams to trade nto our spot.

Surferosa said:
Damn. Why cant you guys just play along and answer the damn question? :angry:

First of all, I think it would be a real shocker. If it happened, I would take a long hard look at Aaron Rodgers and weigh his selection vs the option of trading down. However, I think if the 49ers select a RB, it would decrease our value at #2, since there will still be two WR's and QB's on the board when we pick - minimizng the urgency for other teams to trade nto our spot.

Fantastic point. and no stats.. :wink:

NO CHANCE. I would bet my next years salary on it. If they dont trade it away they will go QB and the only long shot, and its really a long one is Braylong Edwards.

.....then they'll need a QB.. a more important position

marino2duper73 said:
If you had feeley and frerotte, would you draft a RB ?

Given that their is a not a great or consensus franchise QB out there, I think we are better off drafting Brown then taking a chance on taking a QB who might not amount to much,,,,,we may be able to get as good a QB as Rodgers or Smith by trading down for a later 1st round pick, or by taking a QB in the 2nd (if we are able to get a 2nd for Surtain)...there are a lot of "if's" out there....but I think Ronnie Brown is a good fit if we don't trade down.

to much money tied up in running backs unless they get rid of barlow. I think running back is low on their priority list behind. QB and WR supercedes taking a running back first.

I think SF is better off at QB with Rattay than they are at RB with any of their guys. Their problem is a full team thing, you can't peg it on just one position. Sure they will probably draft a QB cause it is the position most rebuilding teams start out with, but they are horrible everywhere.

we might not even take a runningback with the 2nd overall pick, with all this ricky isht coming up, if saben thinks puff puff is serious about coming back, then we'll take braylon or smith, then insurance on the rb position in the 2nd, or 3rd...i want ronnie brown, but would be happy with braylon in the 1st, and fasion in the 2nd, or arrington in the 3rd...all falling under the assumption that smokedawg comes back and promises to stay clean....

marino2duper73 said:
Just a long shot, but what if SF blows us all away and takes a RB, then a QB later ? Then what do we do with our 1st pick ?
I think there going to stay with Kevan Barlow right now. The SF's head coach (I cant think of his name right now) will give him one more chance to prove himself worthy of the starting job.

If they do, however we'll either go for Braylon or Alex Smith/Aaron Rodgers.

There is a possibility that they will have a contract in place with the player before the draft, so there will be no surprises. If it did happen we would take a good look at Rogers, Smith or Edwards. We could also take the RB they didnt take, if they took Brown we take Benson or vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom