What If Smith is taken by SF? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What If Smith is taken by SF?

bdmagnum

Big Daddy
Reaction score
I asked this before in a previous thread, but never really got an answer. I know a lot of people are excited at the possibilty of getting Smith at #2, thinking SF takes Rodgers at #1.

But lately, I have been reading Rodgers stock is falling, Rodgers is a possible bust, Smith is much better than Rodgers, etc. If a majority of people sees that Smith is better than Rodgers, wouldn't it make sense for SF to take Smith first? If so, who do the Dolphins take at #2?

That would be great, I have seen Smith play and he seems to do good. But there are some rb's in the draft which we also need. I wonder what way we are going this year.

bdmagnum said:
I asked this before in a previous thread, but never really got an answer. I know a lot of people are excited at the possibilty of getting Smith at #2, thinking SF takes Rodgers at #1.

But lately, I have been reading Rodgers stock is falling, Rodgers is a possible bust, Smith is much better than Rodgers, etc. If a majority of people sees that Smith is better than Rodgers, wouldn't it make sense for SF to take Smith first? If so, who do the Dolphins take at #2?

I don't believe that will happen but if it does, we draft Rodgers:

The team could fill its need for a future quarterback, with Alex Smith being the likely leftover choice because San Francisco seems focused on picking California's Aaron Rodgers.

Source

There was also something I read yesterday (I can't remember where) that SF is so convinced that no one will pick Rodgers ahead of them that they are considering trading down.

Celtkin said:
I don't believe that will happen but if it does, we draft Rodgers:

Source

There was also something I read yesterday (I can't remember where) that SF is so convinced that no one will pick Rodgers ahead of them that they are considering trading down.

If they are willing to trade down, who's to say the team they trade with won't take Smith?

bdmagnum said:

Then we won't take him....and IMO will end any doubts about us going RB

bdmagnum said:

Every prospect is a possible bust. You haven't been reading "expert" opinions saying that Rodgers' stock is falling or that Smith is much better than Rodgers. The experts are split on which QB is better, but most agree they're very very close. Most believe Rodgers has a higher floor and Smith has a higher ceiling... meaning Smith is more likely to be a bust but has more potential for being a star, while at worst Rodgers projects to be a good (not great) starter.

bdmagnum said:
If they are willing to trade down, who's to say the team they trade with won't take Smith?

I thought the question was:

wouldn't it make sense for SF to take Smith first? If so, who do the Dolphins take at #2?
:D

Regardless, if ANYONE takes Smith first, we have the option of taking Rodgers second.

In that case. I just hope we follow suit and pass on Rodgers

I'm among the lot who think Rodgers will be OK-to-good, but certainly not great. If Smith is gone, I would pluck Mike Williams or Caddy.

One question for you guys, who QB'd in the National Championship? There were two. and Smith and Rogers weren't amoung them. The only other QB who could have been there, was not, though no fault of his own, play at Auburn with a undefeated record. Those are good QB's, worthy of a top 10 pick. So if Smith is picked by SF, oh well, no lost to us. If we trade down and rogers is gone, no sweat off our back either, now if we lose out on the top 3 rb's, that might be a lost.

Back
Top Bottom