What If Tampa Trade Fake & Miami Wants Rodgers ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What If Tampa Trade Fake & Miami Wants Rodgers ?

Sgt.FinFan said:
People like to mention smoke screens. How about this
scenario ? Miami is trying to get 9ers to draft Smith
because they really want Rodgers ?

How about this....Miami wants to trade down....and the're playing the other teams against each other. I find that to be more likely...than Saban picking a QB that only played in a west coast offense....something Saban or Lienhan has never used.

Sgt.FinFan said:
People like to mention smoke screens. How about this
scenario ? Miami is trying to get 9ers to draft Smith
because they really want Rodgers ?

What if the SKY falls besides if SanFran drafts RODGERS #1 your theory is up in smoke :shakeno:

byroan said:
Why would we want Rodgers?

Not that i would pick either QB, but Rodgers arm is WAY stronger than Smiths and would probably fit better in Linehan's offense.

Cheapshotz said:
Not that i would pick either QB, but Rodgers arm is WAY stronger than Smiths and would probably fit better in Linehan's offense.

Well youre right about Rodgers having the stronger arm...he does by far, but Smith is a much better fit for the Fins new system with Linehan. Smith ran a system that is very similar to Linehans at Utah. Im still on the Rodgers bus as i have been since last year, but i will welcome Smith with open arms here. :D

byroan said:
I don't like either QB.
I don't like Rodgers... wouldn't mind Smith, but would prefer other players. It would be nice to have a legit franchise QB.. unfortunately I think that it is a stretch to put Smith in that category.

merlin00069 said:
Well youre right about Rodgers having the stronger arm...he does by far, but Smith is a much better fit for the Fins new system with Linehan. Smith ran a system that is very similar to Linehans at Utah. Im still on the Rodgers bus as i have been since last year, but i will welcome Smith with open arms here. :D

Smith played in a spread offense....something Lienhan didn't run while in Minn...and isn't going to run in Miami.

merlin00069 said:
the utah/minny offense comparison is way off. What Urb Meyer ran was gimmicky and fun to watch. One of the main reasons that Alex Smith is not considered by all 'experts' as the top QB is because he has no experience in a pro style O.

fishypete said:
Smith played in a spread offense....something Lienhan didn't run while in Minn...and isn't going to run in Miami.

Yes he did run a spread offense, meaning he had alot of 3-4 wide outs and was in the shotgun a ton of times in each drive. Lemme think have i ever seen Culpepper in the shotgun with Moss and co. spread out? I think so. Dont be so quick to dismiss the similarities only because of the "gimmick" thing.

Reading all the articles today in the Tampa Tribune, there is still NO TALK here about any possible trade with Miami. They still act as if they know nothing. Read this article. Talks about trading for a running back, wide receiver, veteren QB, but nothing about trying to move up in the draft.. Here are a couple of perfect examples....
http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGBMJXXGM7E.html
http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGBWRYWGM7E.html

merlin00069 said:
Yes he did run a spread offense, meaning he had alot of 3-4 wide outs and was in the shotgun a ton of times in each drive. Lemme think have i ever seen Culpepper in the shotgun with Moss and co. spread out? I think so. Dont be so quick to dismiss the similarities only because of the "gimmick" thing.

Rarely my friend...and Culpepper rarely ran...unless he was being chased...not even close.

fishfan34 said:
Reading all the articles today in the Tampa Tribune, there is still NO TALK here about any possible trade with Miami. They still act as if they know nothing. Read this article. Talks about trading for a running back, wide receiver, veteren QB, but nothing about trying to move up in the draft.. Here are a couple of perfect examples....
http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGBMJXXGM7E.html
http://bucs.tbo.com/bucs/MGBWRYWGM7E.html

Try reading the St Pete Times....sports page 5c...under Rick Stroud's section. Right on the top papragraph.

fishypete said:
Try reading the St Pete Times....sports page 5c...under Rick Stroud's section. Right on the top papragraph.

I read that too. But why would one paper report one thing and another act as if it doesn't even exist. Listening to the bucs head of scouting yesterday, he laughed at the idea of the bucs looking to trade out of the fifth spot. He said "they could get any number of players they were wanting right at the number five spot". I just would like to know why Rick Stroud knows this but no one else does locally. I guess i'm just preparing myself for the disappointment if this doesn't happen.. Trust me, I so want to believe this will happen, that's why i'm looking into it so hard. I'm just afraid come draft day, we'll have nothing more than we do as this moment. Five draft picks and nothing more. I just don't want to get myself pumped up for all these extra picks and then get nothing...

fishfan34 said:
I read that too. But why would one paper report one thing and another act as if it doesn't even exist. Listening to the bucs head of scouting yesterday, he laughed at the idea of the bucs looking to trade out of the fifth spot. He said "they could get any number of players they were wanting right at the number five spot". I just would like to know why Rick Stroud knows this but no one else does locally. I guess i'm just preparing myself for the disappointment if this doesn't happen.. Trust me, I so want to believe this will happen, that's why i'm looking into it so hard. I'm just afraid come draft day, we'll have nothing more than we do as this moment. Five draft picks and nothing more. I just don't want to get myself pumped up for all these extra picks and then get nothing...

It's on local radio...been talked about on ESPN radio, Sporting news Radio...it's not a secret...by any means. One more great item about having XM Radio.

Back
Top Bottom