What if the FO doesn't want Andrews? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if the FO doesn't want Andrews?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I don't know how many times I have read on this board about Andrews being drafted by us. Lots of people here think is a given that if he's there we'll take him but what if we don't? Nothing's for sure and Andrews does have some questions about him. I know most players do but maybe our FO is not as high on him as people here think. Last year a lot of us thought that if Hunter or Calico were there we'd take them and look who we took. Eddie Moore who noone could have predicted.I just wonder how many threads we're gonna have if we pass on him. It'd be entertaining to say the least... :D

Ozzy rules!!

it would sure make a lot of people mad and/or confused. definetly shock me.

It wouldn't shocked me. Nothing does anymore on draft day.ok, I'd be shocked if we took a RB...

Ozzy rules!!

I don't know, I see Andrews, with his question marks, being one of those players that slips. Maybe into the late 2nd round..

snook said:
I don't know, I see Andrews, with his question marks, being one of those players that slips. Maybe into the late 2nd round..

Andrews stock is reportedly on the rise, not decline.

If we don't want Andrews then it's simple, trade down.

Some draft guy on Big-O's show last night made a good point about Andrews and Miami.

He has YET to have the polyp surgery. It will take 5-6 weeks for him to recover. The guy asked the question: "[h]ow likely is it this guy can come in and contribute if he has the surgery, then misses the mini-camp, and a week or two of training camp recoving from this surgery he should have already had taken care of? [paraphrased]".

Like I said, he has questions and I don't understand why people think that is a given that we'd take him if he's there at 20. I know we might take him but I can see us passing on him.

Ozzy rules!!

Andrews has questions, and has had questions...this is nothing new. As I have said on a couple of other posts, I think that RS is content with the OL as it is, with possibly adding a 3rd rounder and a retread (like Page) to the mix....He has said several times that St. Clair was signed to be our RT and Whitley and Jerman will compete for the RG spot...I would actually be more surprised if they go OL in the first, even if Andrews is there...I think what they would like to happpen is for Philly or NE to jump up and want their #20 spot, giving us a late 1st and a mid to late 2nd round pick to go with our 3rd...I think, under this scenario, they would go WR, DT, and Ol in that order...Just IMHO....

I dont think a polyp surgeory is something that will take alot of time away. besides, he lost the weight with them still there. secondly, i dont think andrews will be there at 20. a guy who simply mauls you time and time again will not slip. the weight was the question. it no longer is.
It is my opinion that he was not getting enough oxygen during sleep which therefore slowed his metabolism tremendously.

Danny said:
I don't know how many times I have read on this board about Andrews being drafted by us. Lots of people here think is a given that if he's there we'll take him but what if we don't? Nothing's for sure and Andrews does have some questions about him. I know most players do but maybe our FO is not as high on him as people here think. Last year a lot of us thought that if Hunter or Calico were there we'd take them and look who we took. Eddie Moore who noone could have predicted.I just wonder how many threads we're gonna have if we pass on him. It'd be entertaining to say the least... :D

Ozzy rules!!

I think it's very possible that the FO doesn't want Andrews. RS specifically questioned whether a leopard can change his spots in reference to a player losing weight right before the draft. IMO there is a high probability that he was talking about Andrews.

Although passing on Hunter and Calico should not have been a surprise last year. Miami said what kind of players they were looking for (very mature, intelligent, experienced) and neither of these players matched. Moore matched that description, he just wasn't on anybodies radar.

Back
Top Bottom