What if Top 4 Are Gone? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Top 4 Are Gone?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
With so many teams needing quarterbacks, I think its likely the top four -- Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert, Ryan Mallett and Jake Locker (you pick the order) -- will be gone before the 15th pick. So if you are Miami what do you do? Do you reach a little bit for a Christian Ponder or Colin Kaepernick? Do you trade down and look for one of the second-tier guys or go best player available? I like both Ponder and Kaepernick and feel they are just a little below those top guys. Ponder is probably the most NFL ready, is smart and accurate. But he's not going to beat you deep and you better have a good backup because durability is an issue. With Kaepernick, I like everything about his game except for his strange windup throwing motion. The NFL is a game of split seconds and that motion could cause him some trouble at the next level. His footwork needs help, but I think NFL coaches will iron that one out. Anyway, I do think Dallas at the #9 spot could be an interesting trade partner come draft day if these guys start going quickly. One way or another, Miami needs to solve the qb issue. It's been a long time since Dan Marino retired.

I too think they will be gone by 15, but I would rather pick Ingram at 15 if we cant get a trade partner.

trade up for locker, take ingram, wait till round 3 for stanzi, or target everything else and hit up QB in FA. i think the situation of all 4 going before us becoming more likely as we get closer to the draft, especially if the rookie wage scales are put in place its probably 100% going to happen. all 4 QB's offer something great but also have a ?. with less investment due to scales every team will gamble

Last edited by a moderator:
If we can't get one of the top four, we should absolutely trAde down. Take Carimi or Leshoure and take one of the second tier qb's in the second, that is if and ONLY if we can't trade up to get one.

Ingram or trade down at #15 and pick up Dalton in the 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom