What if Tua doesn’t enter the draft in 2020? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Tua doesn’t enter the draft in 2020?

I just wonder if I coached this guy when he was in high school at one of David Cutcliffe's QB camps in Birmingham in the late 80's early 90's. If he was from around here and any good - they were invited to participate in Cutcliffe's camp back then. Towards the end I even worked with a snot nosed 16 year old kid from Etowah named Freddie Kitchens there. The best kid I ever worked with there though was Stewart Patridge out of Mississippi. He ended up going to Ole Miss.

Either way you have to be smoking some good **** to prefer a social introvert with no leadership skills that can't perform in the clutch over fat Tua. I've never seen a kid fumble so many times in key moments of the biggest games as Herbert. Nevermind nearly throwing a hail mary into the student section.

Whatever defensive assistant he's talking to needs to figure out how to get Bama's players to communicate and play better. Unless it's somebody who was already let go.

Gene and Bill btw.

So you prefer the lard ass who will blow up to about 265 by his mid-20s, who was balling in Dan's office after a practice because Karl's guys picked him off about 11 times in practice? A guy who was screaming on Dan's floor about someone better bring his "daddy" here. Please, Tua is a social nit wit with huge daddy issues, we all know that, and so do you if you know anyone on staff. No doubt he is a pretty good QB but he is an island flower. This idea that TT could lead anything other than an ice-cream slumber party in his Dad's guest room is ridiculous. Hebert has flaws too, no doubt, but at least has an adult man's body and doesn't wear a sports bra. Nick can't wait to get fatty out of town, not sure why we would want him. Maybe I am biased but once the Dan office story was confirmed I just could never look at fatty the same way.....screaming and writhing on the coaches floor, asking to talk to his dad, because the boys were running a train on him in practice. gtfoh.

Gene and Bill btw.

So you prefer the lard *** who will blow up to about 265 by his mid-20s, who was balling in Dan's office after a practice because Karl's guys picked him off about 11 times in practice? A guy who was screaming on Dan's floor about someone better bring his "daddy" here. Please, Tua is a social nit wit with huge daddy issues, we all know that, and so do you if you know anyone on staff. No doubt he is a pretty good QB but he is an island flower. This idea that TT could lead anything other than an ice-cream slumber party in his Dad's guest room is ridiculous. Hebert has flaws too, no doubt, but at least has an adult man's body and doesn't wear a sports bra. Nick can't wait to get fatty out of town, not sure why we would want him. Maybe I am biased but once the Dan office story was confirmed I just could never look at fatty the same way.....screaming and writhing on the coaches floor, asking to talk to his dad, because the boys were running a train on him in practice. gtfoh.

Saban had his chance to get Tua out if he wanted him out. Instead it was Jalen that left - who had the daddy issues. I think I'm starting to figure you out though.

Dan Enos???The guy everybody hated?

Saban had his chance to get Tua out if he wanted him out. Instead it was Jalen that left - who had the daddy issues. I think I'm starting to figure you out though.

Tua is better than Jalen, I would never argue against that and Jalen had his bratty moments. But sobbing after a bad practice in a coach's office is rediculous. Ok Dan was unliked, whatever, but TT hiding in the office screaming and pouting??? Way over the top. Anyone hitching their wagon to him is going to have severe buyers remorse. And the payouts he is getting - which will emerge - are making the powers that be quite uncomfy. The bag man is real close to going public (wonder how I know lol). Many want him out of there because they know the situation and know he is a spoiled little fat man.

giphy.gif

Tua is better than Jalen, I would never argue against that and Jalen had his bratty moments. But sobbing after a bad practice in a coach's office is rediculous. Ok Dan was unliked, whatever, but TT hiding in the office screaming and pouting??? Way over the top. Anyone hitching their wagon to him is going to have severe buyers remorse. And the payouts he is getting - which will emerge - are making the powers that be quite uncomfy. The bag man is real close to going public (wonder how I know lol). Many want him out of there because they know the situation and know he is a spoiled little fat man.

Just make sure to give Tua a little extra for being the extra point holder on all the touchdowns he’s scoring.

The heads of many here on FinHeaven will explode if Tua stays for another year. They will have nothing else to rally around.
Hell no - always the next year - with a semblance of an Offense line to boot with all those picks and money not an issue

If Tua doesn't enter the draft we can all have a big laugh about it.

Would be similar to when Andrew Luck would have been the #1 overall pick the year Cleveland was picking first and he decided to go back to school to play as a redshirt Junior.

Funny still we have picks and money to build on and then there is the following year

There is a strong chance that Tua could return for his senior year to avoid this dysfunctional franchise. We need to suck competitively at least.

I think the guy above was going off hearsay and had the Tagovailoa's brothers confused. Lil brother is the pudgy one...

As for Enos:

When asked about him, Tagovailoa’s former quarterbacks coach at Alabama, Dan Enos, praised his elite-level talent for a college football player.

“Here’s why he’s going to be successful. He’s very talented, he’s got arm strength, he’s got feet, he’s athletic. He also has tremendous instincts. Maybe the best instincts of any player I’ve ever been around. His ability to make quick decisions, unscripted, is what separates him from others I’ve been around.

“He will be [excellent], man. He’s a great player. But every bit what a great player he is, he can match it with his character. Tua is an A plus player and an A plus person. Great integrity, great character, team guy. He was so coachable, never satisfied with the way he played and always wanted to get better.”

— Dan Enos, via Miami Herald

If Tua Tankanova doesn't declare, I'd bet there's a collective disappointment and fuss amongst NFL teams drafting in the top 5-7 picks. Bobby Herbert errrrrrr ... I mean Justin Herbert probably becomes QB #1. In this case I'd probably draft Jordan Love.

Even if this was true it would only benefit the dolphins as he is would have to come out. But DSmooth was full of ****.

I will say that how Tua stands up to the physical and mental demands of the NFL are the only concerns I have about him. I don't care at all about the caliber of players alongside him at Alabama.

I think I mentioned somewhere here that the comparison to Steve Young is valid, other than Steve Young always came across as considerably more wiry and streetwise than Tua. It stood out during all the games and interviews at BYU. It's one of the reasons I never shared the concern about Young bouncing around from USFL to NFL and Tampa Bay to 49ers. That guy was tough and it was merely a matter of time.

Tua could go either direction, IMO. He's not going to be Tannehill resilient out there. But that doesn't matter at all, given all the meaningful areas he is light years above Tannehill.

Tua is the most logical investment I've seen. As a gambler I wouldn't care how it pans out. There is always uncertainty amidst a sample of one.

Back
Top Bottom