What if we beat the Ravens Sunday? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if we beat the Ravens Sunday?

I think it’s ridiculous and unfair to make it obvious the team is tanking, strip the talent down to the bare bone, and then expect Flores to go out every week and coach like Lombardi and expect the players to perform like an all-pro squad. This team is built to lose and lose it will, and badly in many instances. I’m not judging any coach forced to operate under such circumstances.
This is actually insane. Am I expecting Flores to win? No, because he's at a major talent disadvantage. Do I expect guys to be in the right positions? Yes. Do I expect safety help over the top? Yes. Do I expect him to throw a challenge flag on a long pass play that wasn't actually a catch? Yes. Do I expect him to call timeouts down 49 points with 2 minutes left in the game when the other team is trying to get on a plane? No, because that was completely embarrassing.

Make no mistake, that team was not ready to play and were completely out-coached beyond just missing some good players. They had guys WIDE open the entire game, with no semblance of a pass defense despite fielding one of the best corners in the league, a multi-Pro Bowl safety, and a top 10 pick within that 4 man secondary.

To absolve Flores of all possible blame is criminal.

Back
Top Bottom