What if we beat the Ravens Sunday? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if we beat the Ravens Sunday?

I was drunk as hell last night and rather not look back on the tangents I went on but I stand by my prediction.

They WERE the best defense overall last year... You're the only person I heard say the Ravens have the best defense in football going into the season with all the moving parts. They have a great secondary especially with the addition of Earl Thomas. Their front 7 is a question mark... Lost their best line backer to the Jet's unfortunately; think that's not going to affect that run defense? How about their two leading past rushers in Smith and Terrel Suggs? Weddle offsets with Earl Thomas.

Mark Andrew's has a ton of potential and maybe he reaches your projection; doesn't scare me. Nobody they have on the outside scares me. Lamar Jacksons mobility scares me and if we can't contain him it will be ugly...

I have an overwhelming feeling about this game I can't shake. I just think those players hear the disrespect and are coming out with a chip on their shoulder and winning this game

Until someone becomes the #1 defense, they have the #1 defense. They did lose parts, but from what I can gather the parts they lost they were willing to lose because they thought the guys behind them were as good, or better. They've done this for 20-years. Lose guys, get comp picks for them, then plug the replacements into their system. They are very heavy into analytics and they've moved to the moneyball approach with pass rush. Pay 6 guys pennies to get 4-5 sacks instead of a fifth of your cap for 2 guys that get 13-15 sacks each.

I don't have much hope that this QB with his weapons and this historically bad OL can move the ball against them. Look, crazier things have happened and every team in the league is mortal, but they are built for contention, unlike say the Browns. They held the Chiefs, Saints, Chargers and Steelers well below their season scoring averages last year and bullied the Falcons' and Bucs' offenses, so even a defense that's only 5th or 6th best now would maul us.

We don't know what their offense will look like but it's allegedly very high concept with exotic formations that flex pre-snap and are difficult to defend because you can't guess what they're going to run by formation or personnel grouping, some ppl say it's run heavy, others say it's deliberately a 50/50 run-pass system, others claim they're using analytics to predict busted coverages, something they were doing in camp. Don't know if it'll work initially, but find it hard to believe they won't have numerous counters to the predictable cover zero defense the Chargers used against them in the playoffs last year. They have too much speed and skill now on offense for that to work. It was obvious in their preseason game in Philly they're going to spread everything out and then bulldoze people, Eagles DBs were 10 yards off Marquise Brown because they feared getting beat, so they just fed him on short comebacks all night. From what I read fans just think they're going to do what they did last year, it's not going to be anything like that apparently and if it is they'll have added enough concepts to make crowding the box very dangerous.

Until someone becomes the #1 defense, they have the #1 defense. They did lose parts, but from what I can gather the parts they lost they were willing to lose because they thought the guys behind them were as good, or better. They've done this for 20-years. Lose guys, get comp picks for them, then plug the replacements into their system. They are very heavy into analytics and they've moved to the moneyball approach with pass rush. Pay 6 guys pennies to get 4-5 sacks instead of a fifth of your cap for 2 guys that get 13-15 sacks each.

I don't have much hope that this QB with his weapons and this historically bad OL can move the ball against them. Look, crazier things have happened and every team in the league is mortal, but they are built for contention, unlike say the Browns. They held the Chiefs, Saints, Chargers and Steelers well below their season scoring averages last year and bullied the Falcons' and Bucs' offenses, so even a defense that's only 5th or 6th best now would maul us.

We don't know what their offense will look like but it's allegedly very high concept with exotic formations that flex pre-snap and are difficult to defend because you can't guess what they're going to run by formation or personnel grouping, some ppl say it's run heavy, others say it's deliberately a 50/50 run-pass system, others claim they're using analytics to predict busted coverages, something they were doing in camp. Don't know if it'll work initially, but find it hard to believe they won't have numerous counters to the predictable cover zero defense the Chargers used against them in the playoffs last year. They have too much speed and skill now on offense for that to work. It was obvious in their preseason game in Philly they're going to spread everything out and then bulldoze people, Eagles DBs were 10 yards off Marquise Brown because they feared getting beat, so they just fed him on short comebacks all night. From what I read fans just think they're going to do what they did last year, it's not going to be anything like that apparently and if it is they'll have added enough concepts to make crowding the box very dangerous.

To be honest you sound a lot more knowledgeable than I am in regards to what they're doing over there man; I could be way off base.

Looking forward to finding out on Sunday

All I know is, regardless of what the long-term plans may be, when the game start on Sunday and every Sunday for the rest of the season, I'm going to be cheering my ass off for a win.

Another reason the Ravens win. Flacco. He has been unstoppable when playing against the Dolphins. 6-0 record when starting against the Fins. Not huge games but he keeps the offense moving and scores points. 10 TD's and only 3 Ints and 71% completion rate. We have to stop those easy first downs if we are going to have any chance.

Another reason the Ravens win. Flacco. He has been unstoppable when playing against the Dolphins. 6-0 record when starting against the Fins. Not huge games but he keeps the offense moving and scores points. 10 TD's and only 3 Ints and 71% completion rate. We have to stop those easy first downs if we are going to have any chance.

I have a really good feeling about us finally shutting down Flacco this Sunday. He won't put up 1 yard against our defense, take that to the bank.

Flacco was traded during the offseason to Denver. Just thought you should know before you start him on your fantasy team.

Flacco was traded during the offseason to Denver. Just thought you should know before you start him on your fantasy team.
I have a really good feeling about us finally shutting down Flacco this Sunday. He won't put up 1 yard against our defense, take that to the bank.

Doh, guess i have been racing too much and not paying attention to football. Thanks for the update.....

oh how could you, I was hoping he'd take some action! :chuckle:

Doh, guess i have been racing too much and not paying attention to football. Thanks for the update.....

Solid point if Flacco was still in Baltimore, I would not be surprised to see him put a beating on the Raiders this weekend. As far as our game goes, I think Lamar Jackson is still likely to have a field day. I keep hearing about this new offense they are trotting out, apparently Harbaugh is taking the training wheels off the young QB. But who knows, this might not be the right secondary to do that against!

I am still pretty excited to see this team compete this year. The losses aren't going to hurt near as bad since I really want to land that #1 pick. Just no embarrassing blowouts.

Are you going to offer up a new prediction now that you know Flacco is a Bronco? :chuckle:

I see LJ starting the season off hot only to get exposed by DCs later in the season. John Harbaugh starts dreaming about college QBs in the draft as the team peters out late in the season and gets beat in the Wildcard. This Sunday, however, Lamar looks like Michael Vick, leaving all of the media making lofty, ridiculous predictions. Colin Cowherd will be comparing Lamar Jackson to DeShaun Watson on Monday. Thats my prediction.

We probably end up going 6-10. Missing the playoffs, missing out on Qbs and literally everyone being unhappy

Back
Top Bottom