What if we wind up with the first pick next year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if we wind up with the first pick next year

phish

Active Roster
Reaction score
For arguements sake, lets say we are forced to start Rosen because of a Fitz injury and he leads us to the worst record in the league. If we end up with first pick in the draft next year would you take Lawrence and trade Tua or trade the first pick for a massive haul ? Us ending up with the worst record is definitely possible considering Rosen may start some games, bad o-line, and lots of rookies starting. What say you ?

I don't even want to consider a scenerio where we only win 2 games.

If, by some twist of fate, Houston's pick became #1 overall?

Assuming Tua isn't a complete disaster, or has a career ending injury (perish the thought), I trade down for a kings ransome, allowing us to have an insane amount of talent, on rookie deals, for the foreseeable future.

For arguements sake, lets say we are forced to start Rosen because of a Fitz injury and he leads us to the worst record in the league. If we end up with first pick in the draft next year would you take Lawrence and trade Tua or trade the first pick for a massive haul ? Us ending up with the worst record is definitely possible considering Rosen may start some games, bad o-line, and lots of rookies starting. What say you ?

I don’t like the assumption Rosen would play bad....

I think it depends on how Miami secured the #1 pick overall. If Tua was a part of the teams demise and contributes to the poor play, then I think it would be prudent to at least debate selecting another QB 1st overall. But if there are other reasons for Miami's poor performance, it might be better to at least try and secure a trade down into the top 10 for a bevy of future draft picks. Tua is the key, injury or poor performance could lead Miami to take another QB in round one. But boy does a boat load of picks look enticing!!!

The only ways we get the 1st pick in the draft. Are 1 if we lose all 3 of the QB’s in the first few weeks of the season. Or 2 the season is shortened or canceled and we win the lottery for it.

Do hope Tua steps up big time, as it would make the decision easy and extra picks would be invaluable in helping improve the talent level at a cheap price.
The next question is what number of picks? Last draft from 5 to 1 for Burrows people were talking all 3 no 1's. Lower obviously more.
Can you imagine having 4/5 no 1 picks that would be insane.

I'd leisurely stroll up to the podium, with a huge smile spread across my face, and select Lawrence... then sell Tua for as much as I could steal.

Did Tua play in this scenario? Was he poop?

The first could be the pick we have from Houston :shrug:

If Tua did play and was terrible (I highly doubt it ) or got injured seriously then we go get Lawrence or Fields

This has been brought up a few times here before, but to me the answer is obvious. You trade the #1 pick for a kings ransom and roll with Tua and a bunch of young talented players on cheap contracts for the next several years.

Double the Ricky Williams trade and I'm all in

Back
Top Bottom