What if we wind up with the first pick next year | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if we wind up with the first pick next year

Assuming the unlikely scenario where we get 1st overall but we still have reason to have faith in Tua: trade down to the team at #2 who will want Lawrence. Then trade that #2 overall to a team wanting Fields. turn that 1st overall into like 4+ 1st rounders.

A. It wont happen
B. But if it did, offer up the 1st to anyone and everyone who is willing to listen (I am sure we can get another 1st round in 2021 and 2022, plus a bit more) and if someone did pony up, happy days.
C. If we did get trade back, we will still have a top 10 pick from the Texans, plus the other teams first.
D. I am still more than comfortable with Tua being our QB for 2020 and beyond.

As much as I’m a Flores fan from what he did last year. If we win 2 games with all the free agents and draft picks. Compared to all the grocery clerks/ car salesman from last year, I’d say it’s time to cut bait and run from him.

i think this year you might see some really good teams with bad records if starters miss time due to Covid-19.

Depends....is it the pick from Houston? Changes everything...lol

Last edited:
We take Lawrence and dump Tua for picks. This is my dream scenario. I would take a healthy Lawrence over a healthy Tua. For sure I'd take a healthy Lawrence over a questionable Tua.

Unlikely but not impossible to end up with the #1. As mentioned in several post already, it wouldn’t take much for Houston to fall flat on its face. We on the other hand have a massive infusion of rookies coming in that are going to miss a lot of OTA, camps and preseason practice so I expect a slow start anyway. Compound that with potential COVID-19 infections and/or a shortened season ending before everyone starts hitting on all cylinders and we could be in the conversation for #1 ourselves.

As to what we should do with it? I’d trade it for as much as I could possibly get with an emphasis on 2022 picks. Why 2022? Because with the collage season getting cancelled, players are not going to use a year of eligibility and most likely will not enter the draft early for 2021. Therefore, I think that ‘21 will be a shallow draft while ‘22 is going to be very deep. Just my 2 cents.

I would look to trade down for the teams #1 and #2 in the 2021, 2022 and 2023 draft.

I would look for an organization that has a track record of being run poorly, like the Lions or the Jets.

I would look to trade down for the teams #1 and #2 in the 2021, 2022 and 2023 draft.

I would look for an organization that has a track record of being run poorly, like the Lions or the Jets.

You are reaching too high, you do not see teams getting #1 and #2 picks in the next 3 years

You mean after I replace my television after it had a high speed meeting with a 3 iron? Sure, after the season having that pick would be wonderful but DURING this season?

Back
Top Bottom