What If? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What If?

Tunaphish429

1st Ballot Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What if Henne plays well and we still lose...

Does Sparano get fired?

What if.........we stop these post until the end of the year?

Absolutely. If Henne somehow has a 20TD, 12INT year and we miss the playoffs, it won't be because of the D, but because of the o-line making the running game inept, and that falls on Sparano. Henne having a good year combined with this defense should be enough for a playoff run.

Yes because the only way I see this happening is because the o-line is piss poor and that's Sparano's "specialty"

Yes because the only way I see this happening is because the o-line is piss poor and that's Sparano's "specialty"

Well the O line has been piss poor at run blocking, but have been pretty decent pass blockers this year and last.

sparano isnt just the coach of henne, he is the coach of all 53 men on dolphins roster come opening day. now obviously he does not play on the field, but its still going to fall on his shoulders whether we make the playoffs or not.

so ya, even if henne plays well and we still miss the playoffs, then hes gone.

Well the O line has been piss poor at run blocking, but have been pretty decent pass blockers this year and last.
I think Henne's numbers will be vastly inflated not just because of him improving but because Miami looks like they'll have to be a pass first team.

sparano isnt just the coach of henne, he is the coach of all 53 men on dolphins roster come opening day. now obviously he does not play on the field, but its still going to fall on his shoulders whether we make the playoffs or not.

so ya, even if henne plays well and we still miss the playoffs, then hes gone.

I just think it would be very Ironic...Most posters and fans thought we lost cause of Henne.....

I just think it would be very Ironic...Most posters and fans thought we lost cause of Henne.....
if anything, i think that enhances his chances of getting fired if henne plays well and we still lose. as u said, most people think miami will be good here if henne steps his game up.

so that being said, if henne steps his game up and has a good season, and yet we still do not make the playoffs despite that and a defense which we all think will be top of the league, then there are big problems.

If henne plays well and the defense plays well we win games, the whole worry about the O line is to produce on offense, if henne is producing despite the line than were not having problems

Its even more of an indictment of Sparano if the O-line sucks than if Henne does, being that we have invested so much in draft picks & free agent money on the O-line since he's been here, and that it is his specialty. Henne failing would fall more on GM IMO. It is ironic that whilst Henne is playing better the last two games, and maybe he actually has improved, the O-line looks the worst it has in years.

If Henne plays well, and we still don't have a good year, like borderline playoffs, then Sparano has to be fired.

Back
Top Bottom