What if... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if...

We aren’t getting Burrow and Miami shouldn’t draft Tua with their first pick because it is very likely he won’t play next year and the Dolphins can’t afford to use that pick on anyone but a player who can come in and start immediately. If Tua is still on the board when they have their 3rd selection in the first round, that would make sense drafting him then.

I really don’t see another QB in the draft who is worthy of being picked in the first round. In fact the only other QB I would want them to draft is Hurts if they can get him with their 2nd pick in round 2. As far as the other QB’s in the draft is concerned, I wouldn’t waste anymore than a 6th or 7th round pick on any of them.
I have no interest in Burrow or Herbert. I want Tua. Take him with out first pick and let him sit for a year. Make no mistake, Tua is going top 10 even with the injury. We have so many picks we might as well take a chance. We can even double down on qbs.

Well Burrow will be out of reach. Tau could still be an option, if not, ride with Rosen. How does he stack up against Herbert, Fromm,..etc. Rosen is still 22 years old, and he is younger than Burrow. Moat coaches would prefer to sit their rookie for a least a year to learn under a vet. Although Rosen is in his second year, he was pretty raw coming to Miami. Maybe he will develop like others or maybe he is a dud, we can always draft a QB early in 2021.

I would have even more faith in the staff to develop players and wouldnt care about the draft spot, plus it would make us far more desireable to FAs showing were arent as far as suspected from being a contender.

Great staff with ability to develop players, and the number 8-11 pick IMO crushes a staff who has shown no ability but have the #1 pick. If the Bengals think Burrow will come in next year even if they get fully healthy and win a bunch of agmes they are mistaken.

Oh and tke Tua with 1A LOL

Last edited:
Why would another team trade the rights for Lawrence? We won’t be bad enough next year to draft a top tier qb. We absolutely have to take a qb in the first round this year. Otherwise, then we are simply hoping we get lucky with a lower level qb prospect. You can’t build a team and hope your qb is just good enough to win. We’ve been using that model since Jimmy Johnson was here.
That's the problem, outside of Burrows, there are no QBs that look like legitimate franchise QBs. The rest of the QBs are just AT&T "all right".

While that would hurt Miami's draft position, I think it would make the team more desirable for free agents.

I always end up rooting for the win, in this case especially against the almost universally-despised-among-Jets-fans Gase. However, if we beat them, we will both be 4-10 with us winning both which puts the Jets ahead of us on the draft board. So there's that too.

I have no interest in Burrow or Herbert. I want Tua. Take him with out first pick and let him sit for a year. Make no mistake, Tua is going top 10 even with the injury. We have so many picks we might as well take a chance. We can even double down on qbs.
It doesn’t matter if you want Burrow or not because the Bengals will draft him and he will be an all pro QB within a few years. As far as Herbert is concerned, I agree I have no interest in seeing the Dolphins draft him either.
‘I could see the Dolphins drafting Tua with the Texans pick if he is still on the board but I just don’t see them using one of their first 2 picks in the first round on him.

The reality is that Tua has shown to be injury prone, two ankle surgeries, a knee injury, and now hip surgery all in just over a year. I just don’t think he will hold up physically in the NFL and while he has been a great college QB, I think his NFL career will be very short because he will likely suffer more injuries.

At this point I would rather go with Fitzpatrick and Rosen in 2020 and build up the rest of the roster in this coming draft and in free agency and wait until the 2021 draft to try and find a QB if Rosen doesn’t improve significantly during the 2020 season.

It really is hysterical reading posts okay with all our draft picks not taking a qb. Even if we roll with Rosen next year we still need to be drafting qb. This is the biggest mistake our organization has made. Do posters really believe if we pass on a qb this year we will still have any shot at the first 2 picks next year. Cause that where Lawrence and fields end up.

Miami could take a page out of the SF/NO building plan. Sign Bridgewater, Armstead and build a dominant defensive line. Maybe Brown with that first number one. Really solidly the middle of that defense.

That wouldn't preclude Miami from drafting a quarterback, but they could wait a year and build talent around the position.

Perhaps they could take Love or Hurts in round 2.

The Fins win the next 3/4 games and finish 6-10. We have the jets who we have already beaten and who just lost to the bengals. The Giants 2-9 and Bengals 1-11. Finish against Pats.

That would be a sign of a solid staff and u expected result, but also put themselves in a mediocre draft position.

what are your hopes for the rest of this season?

I actually wrote a thread on this last week. Basically, I feel like we could either win 3 out of 4 games and finish 6 and 10, or we could lose all 4 games. Why?

Jets - Anything can happen here, and that’s the truth. Plus we are playing in the Meadowlands
Giants - Eli Manning back in the line up, and he may have something to prove
Bengals - Same thing with Andy Dalton
Patriots - Even if they field their backups, they know our schemes, and their defense is capable of exposing our weakest link which is our Oline.

But that’s why you play the games. :)

If they sweep the jests it will be a good step for this franchise.

You play the games to WIN

anyone involved in any capacity in pro sports that is playing games thinking of next year's draft...

either

hasn't been in pro sports for very long...

or ISN'T GOING TO BE IN PRO SPORTS FOR VERY LONG. ;)

Back
Top Bottom