What in the heck are you doing? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What in the heck are you doing?

nick19991 said:
Besides we have Brown who is very capable of putting up big numbers and he can do so all accross the board. Rushing yards, Receiving yards, TD's, you name it
Says who? You?

The fans DON'T have a choice. If Saban wants Ricky back, then Ricky is coming back. The choice you have is weather or not to cheer for him. That's it. I for one will cheer for him if he's in a Dolphins uniform. I cheer for every player that wears aqua and orange. If you don't want to cheer for him, keep it to your damn self and stop b**ching. Pissing and moaning isn't gonna get you anywhere.

nick19991 said:
If we allow Ricky to come back I feel that we are setting a bad example for future players. Besides we have Brown who is very capable of putting up big numbers and he can do so all accross the board. Rushing yards, Receiving yards, TD's, you name it

Ok... now imagine Ricky and Ronnie both in the backfield...

Do you try to stop Ricky from running? Or do you stop Ronnie?

If you just bought that fake pitch to Ricky, how far down the field is Ronnie? Did your LB even keep up with him? Is he wide open?

What do you do when Ronnie splits out wide after starting in the backfield? Move a LB over and hope to god he can cover him?

Ronnie and Ricky on the field at the same time gives a mind numbing number of options to Linehan, and a nightmare of possible plays for a DC to try and scheme for. You figure if a team sticks with a 4-3, you've got CC + Booker single covered... and you've got McMike, Ronnie, and Ricky all single covered by a LB. If they decide to put a few extra DBs on the field... well then you've got either Ronnie or Ricky running the ball (with the other one blocking) along with McMike blocking.

The mere presence of Ricky will make Ronnie better... and Ronnie will make Ricky better. That's the beauty of it.

KB21 said:
Ronnie Brown will beat Ricky out for the job. It's going to be tough for Ricky to compete at 195 lbs. The only thing this will do though is split the locker room. As much as Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor will publicly say that they support Ricky, you can bet that off the record, neither player wants any part of that quitter.

How would like to be a player on this team that has to wonder when, not if, Ricky will flake out again? Ricky flaked out in New Orleans and got a second chance when Miami gave up a bounty to get him. He blew his second chance, IMO, and I'm not the type that is willing to give out third chances.

KB, I'm certainly not up to speed on the business affairs of the NFL. I do know this though...if I have a contract with someone for services rendered, and if they walk away oweing me eight and one half million dollars worth of service, I'm gonna do my damnedest to recoup that dust. :lol: I'd do it over twentyfive dollars! Eight and one half million would warrent pursuit with intent to spray lead. Seriously...what's the answer to this riddle? Dollars wise, what did Ricky walking out cost us? What would Ricky coming back cost us? IMO, the ladder would ne nothing. Not one red cent would I pay him. He is one year in arrears...I would like to have my moneys worth from him. IMO, that is what the leaders on the team must be made to understand. If he comes back, can he redeam himself, dollars wise? I hope so. Nick Saban says he (Ricky) has value to the team. Only Nick knows what he means by that. I've read enough about NS, to know that he definately has a plan.

knight6jb said:
If he helps the fins win, then why not. Forgive and forget, give the man a chance to redeem himself. He messed up and now he wants his second chance. Quit your crying, and get over it!

I got your back on this. rickys back and your going to be in trouble lalaaa la la laaalalal :D thats directed to the afc east.

MelbournePhin said:
if saban is for it. im for it

Well, if Nick AND the team are for it then I am for it. That's pretty much all that needs to be said.

When will some of these people realize that their opinion amounts to squat in the grand scheme of this franchise. The people that really matter have spoken and they have decided that they wouldn't mind having him back.

KuD said:
The fans DON'T have a choice. If Saban wants Ricky back, then Ricky is coming back. The choice you have is weather or not to cheer for him. That's it. I for one will cheer for him if he's in a Dolphins uniform. I cheer for every player that wears aqua and orange. If you don't want to cheer for him, keep it to your damn self and stop b**ching. Pissing and moaning isn't gonna get you anywhere.

It's nice to see that some people here have put thing in the proper perspective.

MissMeth said:
Ronnie Brown is not getting a slap in the face because he will still be starting. Ricky will not come in and be the starter... he will either play fullback or be the back up/3rd down back. I have a feeling he will be the fullback.

:missmeth:

Fullback? Ricky cant block if his life depended on it.... especially at 195 lbs. :lol:

If anything, Ricky is RB #2 and our 3rd down back.

finsfan99 said:
:fire: I can not believe that 71% of you guys would welcome the Scum bag Ricky back.. I would not!! :fire: he's a quiter, dope smoking wack job! :fire:
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Are you so pefect and sinless to judge another man's sins? Come on man.

I still say a quitter is a quitter. Unless he gets help he's of no use to the Fish, Saban knows this is a business and will try to get him to come back and then trade his asz he will not play for us again.. I hope... What is useless is the poll about this guy. He quit on us! It sent us into a tail spin that we never recovered from.. Have all of you forgotten? He can get his second chance elsewhere, not here. Just my heart felt opinion.. :fire: I stand by it! I can have that opinion, I have been a fan since 1970. No I am not perfect.
Its not about me. Its about Ricky.. the man needs help. I bet if you polled his Miami team mates it not even close the other way.. 79% would not want his asz!

finsfan99 said:
:fire: I can not believe that 71% of you guys would welcome the Scum bag Ricky back.. I would not!! :fire: he's a quiter, dope smoking wack job! :fire:
Those votes are CONFIDENTIAL and any INVASION of that privacy is a BREACH AGAINST CONSTITUTION!

OutsideObserver said:
I think bringing Ricky back is a slap in the face of Ronnie Brown. You don't draft the best RB in the draft, only to bench him behind a quitter and a clubhouse cancer.
Why is a slap in the face to Ronnie? You dont think the Ronnie needs to prove himself in this league, before be offended by Ricky coming back? I think that Ricky will be a great help to Ronnie, taking a lot of pressure of him and share carries.

I just want a superbowl. I bet just like most of the people on this board

Back
Top Bottom