What in the world?!? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What in the world?!?

The whining is getting annoying. For years, fans have been screaming, "burn it all down!" "We need an organizational enema!" They did that, and you guys are still complaining. Just embrace the rebuild already. My goodness.

So sorry that Grier ruined your 6-10 season.

:bobdole:

For one, its mostly irrational fans that called for that stuff anyway. The rest of us would have been happy to see the team jettison some highly paid veterans while still maintaining some type of roster integrity.

But the biggest joke is that we are tearing the roster to shreds while starting a 36 year old QB who was outplayed by the tenth overall pick from the year before in preseason. That's just how brutally incompetent our coach is, and he'll cling to Fitzpatrick for way longer than necessary since scared coaches always go with the safe pick at QB rather than any unknown.

Flores sucks and I wouldn't trust him with my car keys, much less an NFL franchise.

The whining is getting annoying. For years, fans have been screaming, "burn it all down!" "We need an organizational enema!" They did that, and you guys are still complaining. Just embrace the rebuild already. My goodness.

So sorry that Grier ruined your 6-10 season.

:bobdole:

No they didn't. They didn't burn it all down. They traded a bunch of clowns, and fired the Head Buffoon. They also fired the Head Clown in Charge, but in what may be the dumbest move ever made by the Ringmaster, the Assistant to the Head Clown in Charge was subsequently promoted to the position of Head Clown in Charge.

For one, its mostly irrational fans that called for that stuff anyway. The rest of us would have been happy to see the team jettison some highly paid veterans while still maintaining some type of roster integrity.

But the biggest joke is that we are tearing the roster to shreds while starting a 36 year old QB who was outplayed by the tenth overall pick from the year before in preseason. That's just how brutally incompetent our coach is, and he'll cling to Fitzpatrick for way longer than necessary since scared coaches always go with the safe pick at QB rather than any unknown.

Flores sucks and I wouldn't trust him with my car keys, much less an NFL franchise.

Rosen is terrible. Why are we still clinging to the hope that the bust will play better.

He's not an unknown. He's a terrible NFL quarterback who was overrated by a terrible franchise 2 years ago.

Agreed. Trading young talent you already have to build around and then extending a wr4 has me puzzled. There is a lot to be said about being loyal to your employees. With Fitz being from Bama, don't be surprised if Tua (possiblity more) comes out before the draft saying he will not sign with the Dolphins if drafted.

Realistically, this is not Madden, it will be no less than 5 years until we win at least 10 games in a season - that's 2024.

Management/Player relations as well as an extensive rebuild will make it a more difficult sell for good veteran and top rookie players signing with the Dolphins.

It would suck if Tua said he would not play for the Dolphins but, I would rather know that up front so we can draft another guy. This is better than having a guy say he will do whatever the coach wants and then complains about what he is being asked to do.

I've been a fan my entire life. I've been true to this team through the good times and the bad. The way things are unfolding so far, I cannot see how in the world this current administration makes it to the second part of the season, let alone next year. There's is such a thing of letting go of players because they don't fit a system, are over priced, or past their primes but the goal is to stay competitive to some degree. This team isn't competitive enough to even make the game interesting. I know Ross understands the concept of losing to win, but to what degree? Now for all you Tank for Tua folks, I have a question. If you were Tua and you saw the current talent level and its now public dysfunction, would you want to come here? Hell no. In all my years being a fan of either the Dolphins or the NFL , I've never seen anything like what's happening now.

And you felt the need to start a whole new thread on this subject just to litter the board?

Even Scarier....

With all of those Picks and $$$ We'll have for 2020, I dont think anybody in the FO (Grier or Flores) are competent enough to know what to do with them. No Player in the Draft will want to come here, after the demolition that's taken place. All of them will pull an Eli, and quite honestly....I couldn't blame them. I was completely on board with the rebuild, but this is unprecedented. I've been a Fin since '66 and always will be, but NEVER thought I'd see something like this.

I've been a fan my entire life. I've been true to this team through the good times and the bad. The way things are unfolding so far, I cannot see how in the world this current administration makes it to the second part of the season, let alone next year. There's is such a thing of letting go of players because they don't fit a system, are over priced, or past their primes but the goal is to stay competitive to some degree. This team isn't competitive enough to even make the game interesting. I know Ross understands the concept of losing to win, but to what degree? Now for all you Tank for Tua folks, I have a question. If you were Tua and you saw the current talent level and its now public dysfunction, would you want to come here? Hell no. In all my years being a fan of either the Dolphins or the NFL , I've never seen anything like what's happening now.

Be honest, did you know that Tua's younger brother, Taulia, is his backup QB at Alabama?

I would be willing to bet half of these emotional posters with the "TUA IS GOING TO STAY IN ALABAMA BECAUSE WHO WOULD COME TO MIAMI!!" rants aren't even aware that Tua's brother, Taulia, is a freshman QB for Alabama right now and Tua's current backup. They are both religious, high character kids and with a pretty tight bond.

I am sure Tua is going to come back to Alabama and upstage his younger brother, who he's been mentoring and helped recruit, all because he's too scared to play in Miami :lol: .

Bleacher Report: Not Just Tua's Little Bro: Taulia Tagovailoa Could Be a Future NFL No. 1 Pick

What’s the point of these, “oh my god, tanking is so awful. And we’re not even going to do it right” posts?

Tanking is no longer a hypothetical. It’s no longer the fodder for a never-ending debate on this forum. It’s done. It’s a fait accompli. There’s nothing anyone can do to go back now, even if they’d want to— and nobody on the Dolphins wants to since this was the plan.

Maybe Tua stays in school. Maybe the powers that be botch the draft. Maybe this team is awful for years to come (as if that’s any different than what this team’s been for fifteen years now). But it’s done, and nothing anyone on here feels about it— good or bad— is going to change it.

Emotional projection. People are scared because the Dolphins have never committed to a tank before. I think some people would rather have more 6-10, 7-9 seasons than actually see the team try a different approach. The unknown can be frightening.

Last edited:
Rosen is terrible. Why are we still clinging to the hope that the bust will play better.

He's not an unknown. He's a terrible NFL quarterback who was overrated by a terrible franchise 2 years ago.

Unfortunately your claim isn't substantiated by what he put on the field in preseason. But rest easy, this term has already ruined his chances here so you won't have to worry about being proven wrong.

Here is a thought Tua or Lawrence or Fromm are going to a team with very few wins (and ours is not middling direction this is conviction by owner and gun)

This is a tank job for the future - come back in 3 years and we will be a top the division

Not fair to put a regime in place for a tank and then pull the rug out 5 months later because the Super Bowl isn’t in our sights yet.

Don’t let the media dictate our process. Their is surely a lot of jealousy emanating from half the cities in the NFL who’s teams have no real direction.

Sixers fired GM San Heinke half way through a perfect tank job and nearly derailed the whole thing with Bryan Colangelo. Big mistake. Luckily they stuck by Brett Brown.

The Dolphins played hard until the last minute week 1, that’s all they can do for now. That, and continue to just learn.

Our worst game was bound to be the first week.

As if this is going to happen 15 more times.

Be thankful for 2019.

They played hard? Really??

There's a right way and a wrong way to go about rebuilding. The teams that do it right see what talent is the on the roster that they can work with and build on that foundation. The teams that get it wrong purposely devoid the team of any remaining talent, send off previously highly drafted players that develop, and the team turns into a disaster where no one wants to come to. Especially if they can't or won't take care of the players that do all the right things and have potential to be better. Oh and you create yet more holes that were previously filled that now have to be replaced by the picks you acquired. It's like being a hamster running on a wheel. Cutting your nose to spite your face. Plugging holes on a sinking ship by making more holes. If there was a blueprint on how to screw up a tank job, we're writing it now.

This is not a rebuild it is a tank.
We will let go 2/3 of the current roster next year maybe more
And we have an embarrassing amount of money
There will be veterans with big money contracts as soon as we draft out QB

Can you cite 1,2 5 or 10 team examples of what you are even talking about?? You seem to think you understand

I do believe that the best player from the Baltimore game was Ryan Fitzpatrick, he showed high pocket awareness and made lots of good throws. I am sure that if the OLine were decent he could be the best QB we had since Pennington, and he gives our team the best chance to win. Rosen playing would give us an idea of his talent, but not with this line and against the first four teams.
On a separate matter, I believe that if we hire a draft guru for next year, we would be on a position to dominate the league.

I do believe that the best player from the Baltimore game was Ryan Fitzpatrick, he showed high pocket awareness and made lots of good throws. I am sure that if the OLine were decent he could be the best QB we had since Pennington, and he gives our team the best chance to win. Rosen playing would give us an idea of his talent, but not with this line and against the first four teams.
On a separate matter, I believe that if we hire a draft guru for next year, we would be on a position to dominate the league.

Fitzpatrick played a big role in the game getting out of hand early by throwing an inexcusable pick where he just threw a ball to no one in particular downfield on the first offensive possession of the game. He completed less than 50 percent of his passes (14-29) with a good number of those 14 completions being dumpoffs and screens. People need to raise their standards. No one would have praised Tannehill for that crap.

This is not a rebuild it is a tank.
We will let go 2/3 of the current roster next year maybe more
And we have an embarrassing amount of money
There will be veterans with big money contracts as soon as we draft out QB

Can you cite 1,2 5 or 10 team examples of what you are even talking about?? You seem to think you understand
Can you cite one example of a team that tanked to this extent and became a perennial power that everyone claims we will magically become?

Emotional projection. People are scared because the Dolphins have never committed to a tank before. I think some people would rather have more 6-10, 7-9 seasons than actually see the team try a different approach. The unknown can be frightening.

Don't lump every dissatisfied person into this category. I have been upset with this team -- knowing full well that a tank was incoming and wholeheartedly supporting it -- since the decision was made to promote the then GM to VP of Football Operations.

Trading Tannehill was a good move. Trading Tunsil was a good move. Stockpiling draft ammo is a good move. I thought that trading basically nothing for Josh Rosen was a good move. I still do. However, this team still needed a full clean sweep from the top down and we didn't get it. And until we get it, I will continue to believe that we have a major problem.

Back
Top Bottom