What is all this "REBUILDING" crap? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is all this "REBUILDING" crap?

FinsDontGiveIn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
In the era of the salary cap cap & free agentcy there is no such thing as rebulding anymore. Coaches and GM's have to have the knack for working free agentcy, drafting and managing the salary cap. These day's in pro football you are only a couple of injuries away from a championship game or a complete disaster of a season. I think that it has been proven that if you keep a solid "core" of players and stick to a system that the players can buy into, ala New England Patriots. There is not much that separates the Fins & Pat's in terms of talent, we've just been run very poorly. For instance, If you want to be a power running team than why in the he** would you have Travis Minor as your #1 running back? I could go on and on with the Wanny Era.

Fact is there have been many teams that have turned it around in a season. Just look at Pittsburgh, San Diego & Atlanta's record last year then look at the year before. All teams went from complete disaster to the playoffs. Proven fact.

I think this year was just "rebuilding" as an excuse for ricky leaving so close to the beginnning of the season. With a new quarterback, coach, and rb this year, I expect that the fins will be much better than last year.

I agree, if we don't win the Super Bowl lets get rid of Saban :rolleyes:

We were 4-12, lets ask for improvement not miracles. Being .500 this year with all the changes would be great.

I think Kevin Cater said this a few Weeks ago in an interview. Something to the effect of "Not Rebuilding, but Building". I agree with what you said about us having as much talent as almost all other teams, but the problem is our lack of good young players to plug in when guys become to expesive, old, or get hurt. That is what the Patsies have and that is what we need to build. "Not rebuilding, but building".

Preach on brother. I think with the right coaching staff, teams can easily make the change in a season. We were not in as much of a salary cap hell as people thought and we have added a bunch of players that may not be the big name some people wanted, but definitely will have something positive to contribute to the season.

FinsDontGiveIn said:
In the era of the salary cap cap & free agentcy there is no such thing as rebulding anymore. Coaches and GM's have to have the knack for working free agentcy, drafting and managing the salary cap. These day's in pro football you are only a couple of injuries away from a championship game or a complete disaster of a season. I think that it has been proven that if you keep a solid "core" of players and stick to a system that the players can buy into, ala New England Patriots. There is not much that separates the Fins & Pat's in terms of talent, we've just been run very poorly. For instance, If you want to be a power running team than why in the he** would you have Travis Minor as your #1 running back? I could go on and on with the Wanny Era.

Fact is there have been many teams that have turned it around in a season. Just look at Pittsburgh, San Diego & Atlanta's record last year then look at the year before. All teams went from complete disaster to the playoffs. Proven fact.

I meant why would Travis Minor be backing up Ricky in a power running system.....sorry

Well, rebuild, retool, whatever you call it, and yes it doesn't take as long as in the past, but to think that we will come out of this draft "ready to compete" is ludicrous...It will be at least another offseason before Saban gets things in place the way he wants them...

Also keep in mind this is a new entity for Saban and his staff...new as head coach in pros, new as GM, new staff together, etc...

LarryFinFan said:
Well, rebuild, retool, whatever you call it, and yes it doesn't take as long as in the past, but to think that we will come out of this draft "ready to compete" is ludicrous...It will be at least another offseason before Saban gets things in place the way he wants them...

Also keep in mind this is a new entity for Saban and his staff...new as head coach in pros, new as GM, new staff together, etc...

I believe The Falcon's had a new coach, offense, defensive philosiphy...5-11 to 11-5. And they rested players at the end of the season. I think the fins have more overall talent...just my opinion

REBUILDING makes it sound like we are not suppose to do good or even have a chance this year.. i never use the term rebuliding with the dolphins i use IMPROVING...

FinsDontGiveIn said:
I meant why would Travis Minor be backing up Ricky in a power running system.....sorry

Minor was a great change-of-pace third down back. If you look at his stats backing up Ricky, he was averaging almost 5 yards per carry.

FinsDontGiveIn said:

All of those teams had one significant change and that was at QB Atlanta got Vick back, San Diego Brees had a complet turn around and with Pittsburg they got Rothlisberger. I feel if Feely can make that change like Brees did we easily could be a playoff team

Sauceman said:
Minor was a great change-of-pace third down back. If you look at his stats backing up Ricky, he was averaging almost 5 yards per carry.

Do you know how many 3rd down backs average big ypc? Do you know why? Because they run on a passing down and there is a ton of room at the line of scrimmage.

All I'm trying to say is Travis was our first option if Ricky went down.....and that was stupid...period

FinsDontGiveIn said:
I believe The Falcon's had a new coach, offense, defensive philosiphy...5-11 to 11-5. And they rested players at the end of the season. I think the fins have more overall talent...just my opinion
Yes, but the Falcons have Michael Vick. We might have talent on par with the Falcons at most positions....but QB ain`t one of `em. I think 8-8 would be a success this year, then hopefully double digit wins the following season.

LarryFinFan said:

We cometed in every games last year, (Except the JETS) including beating the world champions. Which I remind you; we were one of two teams to do it. There's no doubt in my mind we will be deep in the playoffs this year..

Back
Top Bottom