What is an "average" season of passing under Dolphins OC Chan Gailey? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is an "average" season of passing under Dolphins OC Chan Gailey?

Finfan83nj

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

The average number of interceptions listed in this article is pretty bad. But it’s not hard to see how that number got that high considering what QBs were playing under Gailey those years.

I believe when Fitz was QB the sack number average was closer to 25 ish. He broke some of these numbers down by quarterback in one of his pods a week or two ago.

Found the info I mentioned in previous post.

We’re talking about his NFL best 3.3% sack rate back in 2015 with the New York Jets. That year saw Fitzpatrick sacked 19 times of 562 pass attempts — and is one of just a slew of examples of Fitzpatrick’s play under Chan Gailey mitigating offensive line issues. Fitzpatrick has played five seasons under new Miami Dolphins offensive coordinator Chan Gailey.

• 2010-2012 with the Buffalo Bills
  • 2015-2016 with the New York Jets
And over those five seasons combined, Fitzpatrick was sacked a total of 114 times — for an average of 22.8 sacks per season under Chan Gailey. The highest sack total Fitzpatrick took under Gailey as his playcaller was 30 times in 2012. In both 2015 & 2016 with the Jets, Fitzpatrick was only sacked 19 times each season.

Whatever it is, I hope it gets shattered, launching Miami into an improbable run leading to a Super Bowl victory.

Happy 4th and I'll take the 5th!

Back
Top Bottom