What is Brian Flores Worth? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is Brian Flores Worth?

I believe he accomplished a lot, not sure it’s as black and white as five games
He definitely did. When you consider the talent purge, loss of X and Reshad to injury, swapping about 20 players out 5 minutes prior to kickoff vs Balt it’s actually impressive. You could see the team improving every week. And player development. The guys who never would have seen the field - got valuable reps and some developed. That bodes well for depth - eg, a Nick Needham etc. Flores has a plan and he’s executing.

He definitely did. When you consider the talent purge, loss of X and Reshad to injury, swapping about 20 players out 5 minutes prior to kickoff vs Balt it’s actually impressive. You could see the team improving every week. And player development. The guys who never would have seen the field - got valuable reps and some developed. That bodes well for depth - eg, a Nick Needham etc. Flores has a plan and he’s executing.
While I agree that the coaching staff did an excellent job developing players last year. The concern I have is that many of those coaches are no longer with the team. Only time will tell if Flores replaced those coaches with upgraded coaches or if the coaches he hired will fail to live up to the standard set by the coaches which are no longer on the staff.

While I agree that the coaching staff did an excellent job developing players last year. The concern I have is that many of those coaches are no longer with the team. Only time will tell if Flores replaced those coaches with upgraded coaches or if the coaches he hired will fail to live up to the standard set by the coaches which are no longer on the staff.
I believe the coaches that made an impact are still here and those that didn't are not.

Ohhhhh......the irony
I'm beginning to think personality shapes opinion more than events. And any event or occurrence is sure to be interpreted as many ways as there are human beings on Earth :wink

More players fail, than succeed, as well. That includes QBs. Do you also take the same "chances are he won't" view with your favorite QB prospect?

Of course I do. That's why I'd rather go with a kid that's shown elite qb play over a project.

I could look at a Sean McVay and say he is worth going after.

However I think a head coach needs to show a body of work over the years. He has to show he can adapt to changes in the game and the players. He needs to show that he change game schemes depending on the opponent. He needs to show he is a good judge of talent and not let his ego or loyalty get in the way.

The best we can say about Flores is he appears to be on the right track but he has an incomplete grade now due to a lack of games.

I think most here would say we knew Cam was a bust right away. Saban couldn't handle the difference in NFL players and the draft process. Parcells bailed and seemed to be stuck in the past. Gase might have been different if Tanny didn't get injured but he clearly quit on the team (and talk about an ego problem).

I personally would give up a lot to have a Belichick, Payton, Carroll, Harbaugh, or Reid (maybe need to add "in their prime" for some). So put me down as someone who thinks a good coach makes a big difference.

That more head coaches fail than they do succeed.
Lol that's a ridiculous foundation for an arguement. Absolutely everything in the world has been failed at more than succeeded.

Back
Top Bottom