What is Brian Flores Worth? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is Brian Flores Worth?

I believe the coaches that made an impact are still here and those that didn't are not.
Since several coaches left on their own to take other positions and were not fired, I really have no idea why you assume the coaches that made the most impact are still with the Dolphins. In looking at the coaches from last year compared to the coaches now with the Dolphins, it certainly appears they had a better coaching staff last year.
Of course I hated the Gailey hiring and the new OL coach has been terrible in recent years. So I guess we will have to wait and see how effective this new coaching staff works out.

Since several coaches left on their own to take other positions and were not fired, I really have no idea why you assume the coaches that made the most impact are still with the Dolphins. In looking at the coaches from last year compared to the coaches now with the Dolphins, it certainly appears they had a better coaching staff last year.
Of course I hated the Gailey hiring and the new OL coach has been terrible in recent years. So I guess we will have to wait and see how effective this new coaching staff works out.
So your assumption of coach turnover means our staff is worse? You believe it appears worse, I don't. Isn't all discussion about new staff opinion at this point? Im not a huge fan of chan but look at who he replaced, a first year OC, who couldnt produce a running game. Also reported he couldn't command the overall coaching responsibility. Chan has had success over his career at OC. That position is the biggest change and to me it didn't get worse.

I could look at a Sean McVay and say he is worth going after.

However I think a head coach needs to show a body of work over the years. He has to show he can adapt to changes in the game and the players. He needs to show that he change game schemes depending on the opponent. He needs to show he is a good judge of talent and not let his ego or loyalty get in the way.

The best we can say about Flores is he appears to be on the right track but he has an incomplete grade now due to a lack of games.

I think most here would say we knew Cam was a bust right away. Saban couldn't handle the difference in NFL players and the draft process. Parcells bailed and seemed to be stuck in the past. Gase might have been different if Tanny didn't get injured but he clearly quit on the team (and talk about an ego problem).

I personally would give up a lot to have a Belichick, Payton, Carroll, Harbaugh, or Reid (maybe need to add "in their prime" for some). So put me down as someone who thinks a good coach makes a big difference.
You nailed the part about “body of work over the years”. The number of HCs who have a resume like that / total HCs is probably less than .05%. Think about it. It’s crazy hard.

So, you are saying/have said chances are Tua won't succeed?

You really don't see the irony do you, bless your little heart....

I've said countless times I'd take the chance on Tua over any other qb.

I guess the next time I do it I'll write it in crayon for you.

I've said countless times I'd take the chance on Tua over any other qb.

I guess the next time I do it I'll write it in crayon for you.
I know where you stand. Everyone knows where you stand. Hell, the guy that picks up your garbage knows.

The point is, the same thing you casually said abou Flo is also true about Tua, but you would never say it.

Hence, the "irony".

Nothing yet he have not done any thing yet. Winning 5 game is start. Last yr was waste of yr. Everything count going forward..we will see what he made of next 3 yr.my advice get lot talent..

No one but Houston should, if they had it and BOB wasn’t making the decisions. The problem is that GMs and Coaches make these kinds of decisions so to trade for a coach you’d really only be dealing with ownership.

I wouldn’t give him up for a 1 and a 4 and I get why other teams wouldn’t give that up to get him.

It’s one of those things where value is really only in the eye of the beholder.

The real answer is that Flores is either worth a lot more than a 1 and a 4, or he’s worth nothing.

A coach can’t be worth a 4th round pick, like a player can be.
Houston coach ain't bad coach. He makes playoff almost every yr. He may not be good gm But he is good coach..

I know where you stand. Everyone knows where you stand. Hell, the guy that picks up your garbage knows.

The point is, the same thing you casually said abou Flo is also true about Tua, but you would never say it.

Hence, the "irony".

I have said it though.

Dolphin fans are collectively traumatized-

Flores is amazing...

our jackass owner stumbled on a real coach who knows how to develop talent...

thats the secret ingredient to winning in today’s NFL.

Flores has already shown that there are plenty of good enough athletes (Nick Needham ) that with the right opportunity and coaching and TEACHING can play in the NFL.

Kyle Van Noy then becomes your Larry Bird or Brady on defense - he’s great, smart unselfish disciplines and gets everyone around him wanting to play better harder faster!

we did it - we got the next great coach - it took 20 years and lots of jackass Adam Gase’s and Cam Cameron’s in the meantime...

Flores is worth several Lombardis -

Dolphin fans are collectively traumatized-

Flores is amazing...

our jackass owner stumbled on a real coach who knows how to develop talent...

thats the secret ingredient to winning in today’s NFL.

Flores has already shown that there are plenty of good enough athletes (Nick Needham ) that with the right opportunity and coaching and TEACHING can play in the NFL.

Kyle Van Noy then becomes your Larry Bird or Brady on defense - he’s great, smart unselfish disciplines and gets everyone around him wanting to play better harder faster!

we did it - we got the next great coach - it took 20 years and lots of jackass Adam Gase’s and Cam Cameron’s in the meantime...

Flores is worth several Lombardis -

That jackass owner promoted the guy that everyone said he should fire. A long-time part of this failing FO. Who then hired Brian Flores, who is amazing. Do you see the disconnect here? Do you still think Grier just happened to stumble upon Flores?

I wouldn’t deal Flores for two extra first round picks this year

saying he is only worth 5 wins is crazy. There’s a lot more depth to his performance this season than “5 wins”

You don’t trade him for anything after one year. Especially a promising one.

I like Flores and the evidence suggests he's an extremely talented coach.

With that said, we need to calm down with the circlej*rk for now. He's still has a 5-11 career record and hasn't won anything yet.

Thanks djphinfan. That's a great question right now, and I'm curious for the answer. Ignoring any league tampering rules that may apply, how much does FH think HC Flores is worth in terms of draft picks? What would it take for another team to acquire him from Grier right now? That kind of useless speculation might be more worthy of it's own thread than the confusing mixed bag of rumors flying around between now and the draft lol

As long as Flores is paid right (many dislike our owner, but he's not afraid to pay for quality talent...The #1 job of an owner), he's not going anywhere.

Very rarely does a HC leave, unless he's not being paid enough, or just dislikes where he's coaching compared to a new suitor.

If he's successful, no team will come close to getting Flores to leave.

As long as Flores is paid right (many dislike our owner, but he's not afraid to pay for quality talent...The #1 job of an owner), he's not going anywhere.

Very rarely does a HC leave, unless he's not being paid enough, or just dislikes where he's coaching compared to a new suitor.

If he's successful, no team will come close to getting Flores to leave.
Oh, I agree. Just wanted to see what people here thought he was worth to the Dolphins' future, as compared to say . . . any of the QBs we may draft this year. Thanks for your thoughtful answer, Tay :)

Back
Top Bottom