What is good goal for Tua in 2021. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is good goal for Tua in 2021.

65% Completion Rate
3800+ yards
33 TDs
7 INTs

Those were Tannehill's 2020 stats. We ran him outta town for a 4th round draft pick, so we should expect better.

I wouldn't put specific statistical benchmarks in stone, but he has to be a top 16 quarterback. If he can't be a top half of the league guy with these skill position players, that is alarming. He's a top 5 pick on a contending team.

I won't even say he has to get the team to the playoffs, because the AFC is stacked. It wouldn't surprise me if the Fins regressed, or had a losing season. The schedule is harder and we really didn't beat anyone last year, with the exception of a Rams team that won 4 games against the NFC East and lost to the comically bad Jets. Tua has to give some indication he can do what his upper echelon peers are doing at QB, because ultimately hell have to elevate this team.

65% Completion Rate
3800+ yards
33 TDs
7 INTs

Those were Tannehill's 2020 stats. We ran him outta town for a 4th round draft pick, so we should expect better.
Those are his stats as an 8 year veteran...you expect a sophomore player to be as good as a seasoned vet?
We ran him out of town after he posted 1979 yards 17 TDs and 9 ints not to mention he missed 3 games in 2016 all of 2017 and 5 games in 2018.

If he can start all 17 games, and double his statistics from his 9 starts last year, he'd have 22 TDs, 10 Ints, and 3600 yards.

That wouldn't be bad at all... but if he can improve even a little, he could hit 25 TDs and 4000 yards with a few less Ints. I'd be quite happy with that.

65% Completion Rate
3800+ yards
33 TDs
7 INTs

We ran him out of town because it was 7 years and still no playoff win let alone playoffs more than once. His stats were always solid.

I think fair or not Tua needs to get Miami into the playoffs. That’s the standard for him. Yes it’s more a team effort, but a playoff less season will be viewed as a disappointment by many.

I don't like numeric goals. Using yours, for example, would 8 wins equate to failure? what about 2950 yds or 2800? I'm not nitpicking, just making a point.
My goals are more nebulus. Starting game 6, I want to see a QB comfortable in his performance. I want to see quick/correct decisions, audibles, ability to read Ds, accuracy. Give me those things and the rest will follow. I don't expect TT with the ability PManning/Brees/TB have/had in those criteria, but the absence of those will be troubling.
If we don't see those things from Tua before game 6 the season won't be very hopeful IMO.

Utilize his playmakers
Fuller-Tua connection should be a big factor
I expect him to show significant strides in chemistry with DVP
He should be able to throw for 3500+ yards and over 20 TDs

65% Completion Rate
3800+ yards
33 TDs
7 INTs

The year before Tannehill had a 70% completion rate, 22 TD's and only 2700 yards and they went deeper in the playoffs. It's the ultimate team sport, my goal for Tua is to stay health all season, gel with his receivers and hopefully the team is playing it's best football in December and January.

If we don't see those things from Tua before game 6 the season won't be very hopeful IMO.

Not saying he can play miserable until game 6, but multiple factors will interfere with early evaluation. New OCs, reworked OL, new faces in receiver corps, the first few games players will be thinking more than normal as the plays/schemes become familiar, . . .
By game 6, most of those factors will be gone and the 'real' TT should become apparent. Not totally, but apparent. I agree, if fans see none of that prior to game 6, that's worrisome.

I think fair or not Tua needs to get Miami into the playoffs. That’s the standard for him. Yes it’s more a team effort, but a playoff less season will be viewed as a disappointment by many.
If the offense and defense are both solid and Tua is the reason they don’t make the playoffs, I will agree with you. Yet if the OL doesn’t play much better than it did last year and the defense isn’t as good as it was for most of last season, I will be very surprised if the Dolphins end up in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom