What is good goal for Tua in 2021. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is good goal for Tua in 2021.

To make it through the 3 day of mini camp without getting cut by his own fans.

He's such a clown. Anything from him on today's practice?
Is he a clown because his opinion is different than yours? He's not wrong about Alabama QBs. Just like Ohio State QBs. It's kind of a disturbing pattern.

Is he a clown because his opinion is different than yours? He's not wrong about Alabama QBs. Just like Ohio State QBs. It's kind of a disturbing pattern.
What Alabama QBs were considered legit NFL prospects before Tua?

AJ McCarron, Jake Coker, Blake Sims, Greg McElroy, John Parker Wilson, Brodie Croyle...?

The earliest any of these guys was drafted was late 3rd round (Croyle). Next highest was 5th round. In fact, no other Bama QB has been drafted before the 5th round since the 70's (Richard Todd).

So we aren't talking about a program that has consistently produced busts. They haven't had anyone that was considered NFL starting talent at the position in 45 years.

From 1980-2019 Ohio State has had QBs picked in these rounds (1, 4, 3, 5, 5, 4, 3, 3, 1). That list for Bama looks like this (5, 7, 3, 5).

Why is it portrayed like these schools are on equal footing as somehow being the "poster childs" for NFL QB failure?

Which is a concept that I think is dumb to begin with. Each QB is their own player and the school they played for means little to me. The particular coach and scheme they played under matters much more.

Clemson had no successful NFL QBs until Dabo Sweeney. Now they have Watson and the #1 pick (Lawrence).

When Bama had Bear Bryant they produced Joe Namath and Ken Stabler.

And as much as I hate Saban, I am forced to respect him. Saban had won his earlier championships by dominating on the ground and on defense. Now he finally has two top 15 draft picks in the NFL, instead of guys that were projected to be backups from the start.

If Tua and Mac become busts, then maybe I will begin to even consider taking this "Bama produces bust QB" nonsense remotely seriously.

Last edited:
Numbers are just cosmetic to make someone look better or worse then they really are.

What I want to see of him is three things in year two.

1. Consistency:

When in games, I'd like to see him consistently making the right reads, and putting the ball where has too...This will bring a smile to my face.

2. Crunch or pressure time:

If Tua seems to continue to play well or better when the pressure is on, or game winning drive is on the line...That will make me very confident in my team's QB.

3. Growing:

If Tua starts well, but seems to continue to grow, get better as the season progresses...My head will start to grow with the Idea if Miami reaches the playoffs, They will be tough to take down.

16 starts
Pretty basic expectation, but also spot on.

Have to think if Tua stays healthy, the numbers and the success will come.

I think his ceiling is top 10 quarterback in the league. Can he get close to that in year two?

What Alabama QBs were considered legit NFL prospects before Tua?

AJ McCarron, Jake Coker, Blake Sims, Greg McElroy, John Parker Wilson, Brodie Croyle...?

The earliest any of these guys was drafted was late 3rd round (Croyle). Next highest was 5th round. In fact, no other Bama QB has been drafted before the 5th round since the 70's (Richard Todd).

So we aren't talking about a program that has consistently produced busts. They haven't had anyone that was considered NFL starting talent at the position in 45 years.

Before Tua going back to 1980, Ohio State has had QBs picked in these rounds (1, 4, 3, 5, 5, 4, 3, 3, 1). That list for Bama looks like this (5, 7, 3, 5).

Why is it portrayed like these schools are on equal footing as somehow being the "poster childs" for NFL QB failure?

Which is a concept that I think is dumb to begin with. Each QB is their own player and the school they played for means little to me. The particular coach and scheme they played under matters much more.

Clemson had no successful NFL QBs until Dabo Sweeney. Now they have Watson and the #1 pick (Lawrence).

When Bama had Bear Bryant they produced Joe Namath and Ken Stabler.

And as much as I hate Saban, I am forced to respect him. Saban had won his earlier championships by dominating on the ground and on defense. Now he finally has two top 15 draft picks in the NFL, instead of guys that were projected to be backups from the start.

If Tua and Mac become busts, then maybe I will begin to even consider taking this "Bama produces bust QB" nonsense remotely seriously.
I don't disagree with your argument on Alabama QBs as NFL prospects. I think you look at how much winning they do and most expect NFL ready QBs. The gist of the argument is everyone they put back there looks good, at Alabama. His argument is not wrong in the sense. That's what makes drafting them a bit riskier. OSU and USC are far worse in terms of NFL busts.

I don’t start threads very often, but my curiosity is getting the better of me and I wanted to know your opinions.

We’ve had too many threads discussing whether he should be the QB, this thread isn’t about that.

Tua is our QB this season and it’s his second season. His hip isn’t a problem and he’s got an improved set of skill players since his first season.

with the current offence, what do we think is a good second season for Tua? the stats I’m keen to know from you learned guys and gals are (for the regular season)

Percentage pass completion
Passing yards
No of passing TDs

And thanks for taking the time.

I expect him to be better than last year... to play in every game and not be pulled due to poor play. I'm not big on statistics, as I think too many of them are goosed by being on a good (or bad) team, but I do expect that his numbers will improve across the board.

I want to see less confusion, fewer poor reads, and a bit of dominance in the huddle.

He has to leave no doubt he is a franchise/top 10 QB or we go shopping again next year while we still have ammo and a team around a QB.

Also, I'm not sure I let Grier pick another QB if Tua is not the guy. After seeing Tannehill leave and explode in Tennessee as well as how Justin Herbert looked, he better be the guy.

I still have some faith that he will turn it around and have a very efficient season highlighted with some big play/game winning ability.

Back
Top Bottom