What is good goal for Tua in 2021. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is good goal for Tua in 2021.

This would be good 2nd yr for Tua..
9 to 11 win..
20 to 25 td 10 int
3000 yd

I don't like numeric goals. Using yours, for example, would 8 wins equate to failure? what about 2950 yds or 2800? I'm not nitpicking, just making a point.
My goals are more nebulus. Starting game 6, I want to see a QB comfortable in his performance. I want to see quick/correct decisions, audibles, ability to read Ds, accuracy. Give me those things and the rest will follow. I don't expect TT with the ability PManning/Brees/TB have/had in those criteria, but the absence of those will be troubling.

I don't like numeric goals. Using yours, for example, would 8 wins equate to failure? what about 2950 yds or 2800? I'm not nitpicking, just making a point.
My goals are more nebulus. Starting game 6, I want to see a QB comfortable in his performance. I want to see quick/correct decisions, audibles, ability to read Ds, accuracy. Give me those things and the rest will follow. I don't expect TT with the ability PManning/Brees/TB have/had in those criteria, but the absence of those will be troubling.
I agree with you, for me if he starts 15 games with less than 3,000 yards would be disappointing. And what I mean as disappointing is it would mean more than likely most of our WR’s would of missed substantial time.

What are your standards for success relating to Tua this year as he continues to develop…

Is it the numbers…comp %, TD to turnovers, yards, etc…? If so, what are the numbers you are holding him to?

Is it comparison to other QBs in year 2? Herbert, Burrow, historical greats, or …?

Is it Miami’s W-L record? Playoffs or bust, winning record, or …?

Is it Miami’s offensive production…yards, ppg, 3rd down conversion percentage?

Is it passing the eyeball test (things that can be measured, but not so much by the typical QB rating)…leadership, health, movement in the pocket, making proper reads, being aggressive downfield, zip on passes, etc.?

Is it based strictly on comparison to how he performed his rookie year?

Can he play mistake free football
Can he help convert 3rd down plays to keep the offense on the field
Can he make clutch plays in critical moments
Can he put our playmakers in a position to make plays
Can he lead an offense that can score consistently
Thats going to be my eyeball test this year.

Back
Top Bottom