What is good goal for Tua in 2021. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is good goal for Tua in 2021.

Can he play mistake free football
Can he help convert 3rd down plays to keep the offense on the field
Can he make clutch plays in critical moments
Can he put our playmakers in a position to make plays
Can he lead an offense that can score consistently
Thats going to be my eyeball test this year.

With what frequency? Above average? 90% of the time?

It would be great to say "17+ starts" (which means regular season and make the playoffs), but agree major goal is to see him progress this season in reading defenses and making the right decisions. The rest will follow.

I think overall fluidity of the offense is what I look at. It is partly the eyeball test and partly the stats. There are a lot of streaky players who put up amazing stats. And there are streaky players who win a lot of games but can’t get it done in the playoffs.

Pick up first downs, don’t turn the ball over, avoid negative plays, and finish drives given the opportunity. That’s kind of what I’m expecting.

I don't want to set exact numeric goals as others have mentioned but I'd like to see the following types of numbers.

2.5/1 TD to INT ratio minimum

62%+ Completion Percentage since this should be his strength. I also want it with less dump offs. He completed 64% last year but so many were just dump offs its hard for me to view that percentage as indicative of his play.

An average of at around 250 yards per game passing depending how much and how effectively we run the ball. This would have ranked about 16th last year so its not asking a lot in my opinion.

More than anything though I just want him to show he has the arm to use the entire field, make better decisions and show he has a handle on the offensive gameplan.

I'm not asking for elite numbers year two but I want to see progression.

Last edited:
The goal for Tua should be to improve over his performance last year and become more comfortable as an NFL QB.

The teams won or loss record is based on the play of the overall team and not just on the play of the QB position. Because if it is just up to the QB to win games on his own, I have no idea why anyone would view Deshawn Watson as a good QB after the Texans only won 4 games last year with him as their starting QB. Watson obviously played well last year but the team around him was awful.

The wins will come if Tua is a consistent QB. The WR’s and TE’s can stay healthy and the offensive linemen and RB’s play much better than last year. Of course the defense needs to continue to improve and not take a step backward next season.

Make the players around him better. That's what good QBs do.

Back
Top Bottom