What Is Miami To Do With $13.6 Mil Come June 1? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Is Miami To Do With $13.6 Mil Come June 1?

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
It will be very interesting to see what the Dolphins do with their new cap space in a couple of weeks, as well as what fans want.

Will we splurge on a name player?
Add a couple of pieces?
Hold the money for final cuts?
Extend our own?

I now am in favor of extending our own, not the sexy pick but makes the most sense. Wilkins, Williams and Hunt are HUGE parts of our team and have earned staying.
The extensions will be cheap next year and the new cap space can keep 2 or all 3 for next year with the balloon coming in 2025.

Each and every poster here wants a better OL. Understand that IF we do not keep Hunt and Williams we are back to #32 and the drawing board. I see it as a relatively easy choice. Hope our team sees it as the same.

Last edited:
It will be very interesting to see what the Dolphins do with their new cap space in a couple of weeks, as well as what fans want.

Add a couple of pieces?
Extend our own?

I now am in favor of extending our own, not the sexy pick but makes the most sense. Wilkins, Williams and Hunt are HUGE parts of our team and have earned staying.
The extensions will be cheap next year and the new cap space can keep 2 or all 3 for next year with the balloon coming in 2025.

Each and every poster here wants a better OL. Understand that IF we do not keep Hunt and Williams we are back to #32 and the drawing board. I see it as a relatively easy choice. Hope our team sees it as the same.

About half or more for emergency/carryover

A. Sign rookie class ~ $1.2MM*
B. Sign Akiem Hicks (DT) ~ $4.5MM
C. Bank the difference ~ $7.9MM

• Extend Christian Wilkins • 4yrs/$76MM •
• Extend Connor Williams • 3yrs/$32MM •
• Wait on tough decisions to extend Hunt, Sieler •
• Bring in Matt Ioannidis (DT) for work-out •
• Continue to shop Cedric Wilson •
• Promote DB depth with GMs; late summer trade(s) •

Edit: Rookie class signing based on cap, top 51 contracts

Last edited:

Add a couple of pieces?
Extend our own?

Hunt is so overrated by our fanbase it's almost unbelievable. He wasn't even top 50 amongst NFL guards last season. FYI only 64 Guards start each week.

I like the idea of extending Williams and if Wilkins will be reasonable about his extention im okay w that too. If Wilkins wants 18 or 20 mil a year he can kick rocks.

A. Sign rookie class ~ $4MM
C. Bank the difference ~ $5.1MM

• Wait on tough decision to extend Robert Hunt •

I don’t know that our rookie class will us cost 4M.

Last years first 51 pick, Cam Jurgens, had a cap charge of 1.2M.

84th pick Demarvin Leal had a rookie cap hit of 836k.

Regardless, we won’t be taking the full hit for cap number, we’ll only be taking the difference between their cap number and the player on the roster they are replacing in the top 51.

Signing our draft picks will alter the top 51.

A. Sign rookie class ~ $4MM
C. Bank the difference ~ $5.1MM

• Wait on tough decision to extend Robert Hunt •
Love that I would add Fleming but they are going to do that. We need more dt depth

Hunt is so overrated by our fanbase it's almost unbelievable. He wasn't even top 50 amongst NFL guards last season. FYI only 64 Guards start each week.

I like the idea of extending Williams and if Wilkins will be reasonable about his extention im okay w that too. If Wilkins wants 18 or 20 mil a year he can kick rocks.

Hunt is rated a top 10 RG by PFF, no?
He’s going to command $12MM+ per year when he signs. Take a look at the contract Shaq Mason just inked with the Texans: 3yr/$36MM/$22MM(g)

Wilkins is going secure $18MM+, easily.

Back
Top Bottom