What is more beneficial? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is more beneficial?

Slim

VIPeezy
Reaction score
OK
First off, i think Saban jumping back and forth between players to draft may not be that great an idea afterall. By going from RB to QB to WR it is difficult for other teams to believe what Saban wants. Obviously Saban is bluffing and would love nothing more than to trade down from #2, and obviously teams know this. In essence, Saban can have whoever he wants @ #2.
Therefore i think the best thing to do is stick to one guy instead of hopping back and forth.
Now, the question is, from a trading down standpoint is it better to tell others we will draft a WR or QB?

San Fran will pick either QB or WR that is guaranteed.
Cleveland wants QB.
Chicago want RB or WR.
Tampa want RB or WR.
Titans may pick defensive.
Vikes want WR.

Thus, without including our pick, in the top 7
2 QB's are wanted.
2 RB's are wanted
4 WR's are wanted.

WR is a more wanted position in this draft. Therefore, i say this whole Alex Smith talk stops. If we really want him, he is ours at #2. But no need to tell others this. I say Saban tells everyone we want Edwards, that way if either Tampa or Chicago declare that they want a WR, the vikes will panic.

Slim said:
Obviously Saban is bluffing and would love nothing more than to trade down from #2, and obviously teams know this. .

So? whether it's obvious Saban is bluffing or not, other teams still don't know who we will select. Thereby still wondering if they will get their guy. Whether he's a good poker player or the boy who cried wolf too many times, the end result is the same.

Back
Top Bottom