What is more important.............. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is more important..............

D-Rock

31 yrs ago, I would have been a Panther.
Club Member
Reaction score
What is more important, a costly win or a safe lost?? Think about it for a while......

I know there are situations involved but i'm just asking... what is? :goof:

That's a good question, it depends on who the cost..there's certain positions on this team that could handle a loss and we survive, I don't think LB position is one. Our OL couldn't handle too much loss either and nor our WR's. So your question depends on which position takes a hit.

a loss meaning injury wise? Well our LB core/oline would suffer the most.. I think we have enough depth at WR that someone could step up and prove to be a little diamond in the rough ppossibly.

Losing RIcky would be big, CC, DB, Surtain would all be big

I'm going to go for a safe loss.

Remember the Denver game two years ago? It was a great victory, but we lost Chambers, Feidler, and Gadsden for the next couple of games. With Lucas under center, we were toast.

Now, if we are talking about a playoff win, I'll take a costly win. And if it's the Superbowl I don't care if half the team is decapitated , as long as the survivors hold up the trophy:)

It depends on when the game is. If it matters for playoffs or somthing, ill take the win. Otherwise I will take the loss. Thats the diffrence between week 1 and week 17 and the playoffs.

I know this has nothing to do with this post but I have to say that this is the kind of subjects that keep us going in times of no news from the Dolphin camp. I visit other sites and it's all political stuff. When you say something about it everyone jumps all over you saying there is nothing to talk about. Well here is proof there are subjects that can be discussed without the name Bush or Kerry. Just wanted to say, "GOOD POST". I would also take a loss early in the season to keep the starters healthy. In post season......then thats another story.

phinfan77 said:

Remember the Denver game two years ago? It was a great victory, but we lost Chambers, Feidler, and Gadsden for the next couple of games. With Lucas under center, we were toast.

Now, if we are talking about a playoff win, I'll take a costly win. And if it's the Superbowl I don't care if half the team is decapitated , as long as the survivors hold up the trophy:)

Man...talk about painful memories.....this was a great answer to this post!

thanx for the compliment guys.

sooo any other thoughts??

phinfan77 said:

Perfect example. If Fiedler doesn't get hurt in that game, we're not only going to the playoffs, but we might be the top seed. Remember that the Phins beat the Raiders, the eventual #1 seed, and thus owned a tiebreaker.

Now let's never speak of the Ray Lucas Era again.

Good post for this time of year :) The problem with the answer is it's not really a matter of choice by the coach or anyone else. If the game is in reach and winable, the players are going to go full speed and sometimes get hurt. If the Fins are down by six with four minutes to go, I expect some a$$ whoopin to be going on. :lol: To say take the loss, at anytime of the season, because of the fear of injury is ludacris, and not why they play the game. How many threads have been written about how Wanny wasn't aggressive when the Fins had the lead in the 4th qtr? Never take a loss, ever, for that reason. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom