What is Ryan Fitzpatrick's role | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is Ryan Fitzpatrick's role

You are right. Kyler Murray played his entire year and Arizona only made Super Bowl moves. I think we haven't had a franchise qb in so long, you forget what the NFL is doing

He made Super Bowl moves. interesting... Because the QB that actually won the Super Bowl sat out his 1st year. and the QB he faced in the Super Bowl also sat out his 1st few years.

Let Rosen start this year and keep Fitz as a mentor. I'm excited to see what he can do with a respectable line to protect him. These rumors about the Pats acquiring Rosen is very disturbing to hear. Rosen in 2020! It's time to give him a real effin chance!

Last edited:
because he averages 3.67 wins a season. Outside of a 10 win season, if you took seasons where he started 8 or more games,he is 41-74. I mean what utility does someone like this have? do the stats lie?
[/
Yes stats lie because they do not tell the whole story of how a person performed there is more to playing the game than just your numbers at the end of it

He wasn't brought in to beat out Fitz this year, he was brought in to learn how to be a quaterback. Chan Gailey will help him greatly

I expect Fitz to either get hurt or turn back into a pumpkin so Rosen should get another look.

Assuming the 1st round QB from this Draft is not ready.

I would like to see Rosen behind a decent OL, which Miami should field next season.

I have not given up on his arm just yet.

He made Super Bowl moves. interesting... Because the QB that actually won the Super Bowl sat out his 1st year. and the QB he faced in the Super Bowl also sat out his 1st few years.
Hey brother. Glad to see you posting. It’s your doppelgänger here. Hope all is well with you and the fam. The 1_Dol_Fan clan is doing great!

I think when he said Super Bowl moves the gentleman poster meant the Hopkins trade. Adding firepower to an offense that already has great potential. They are preparing the team to make a huge push

Flores has proven to me that a players past, or a young player huge potential future means nothing to him.

If Fitz wins the starting job (Which he will, especially if we draft Tua), and Fitz by some continued miaculous turn of the corner continues to win, Flores will ride him until the players, and beyond, even if it means (Depending what he did in 2020...Win a SB?), Fitz might be offered another high one year contract.

Obvioualy the odds Miami wins a SB with Fitz at QB are so high, you could become a Millionaire by betting just a hundred dollars on him, but the point is, It's not about who is at what position with Flores, but just prove to me you can succeed, and you will be good.

Fitz might be thought as a bridge, but he is far more then that for Flores who just wants to win, so if Fitz gets hot, the young guns QBs will have to wait until Fitzmagic turns back to Fitztragic.

Before you toss the word "bridge" or "mentor," let's agree on one thing, averaging like 5-6 wins a year for his career, needs to be called what it is, a journeyman. Let's not get excited about the wins he led us to, because all that is, is hurting our draft business. In a very limited role, we still don't know what we have in Rosen. You can say what you want to say, the 10th overall pick a couple drafts ago, should have played. In addition, if you are going to draft a qb at 5, you probably should play him. If that means another season of 4-5 wins, but actual overall better play, then that's ok (if your rookie gets PT). You hold two first round picks and with the gaping holes still left on this team, picking in the top 5 again would make sense. Winning 6-8 games next year proves worthless unless the rookie is leading the way. The absolute worse scenario is Fitzpatrick plays, leads us to 7 wins, and we're back to drafting in the middle of round 1, with no qb-play from the rookie. At some point we have to let this thing go

LOL

So you ask what Fitzpatrick is, but then tell us not to call him what he is? He is 100% the bridge QB while the upcoming rookie gets acclimated.

Those fans who still say winning those games last year hurt us are clueless.

If we had won 0 games last year, would C Ted Karras turned down more money from NE to come play for us and Flores?

If we won 0 games last year would Van Noy wanted to sign with us?

What about Byron Jones, who also took less money to play for us instead of Las Vegas.

After this homerun of a free agency period I dont wanna hear how Flores and Fitz hurt us by winning games EVER AGAIN! We wouldnt have had half of these guys even consider coming here if we had won 1 or 2 games last year.

because he averages 3.67 wins a season. Outside of a 10 win season, if you took seasons where he started 8 or more games,he is 41-74. I mean what utility does someone like this have? do the stats lie?
Stats don't tell the whole story so yes the stats do lie to a degree. Fitzpatrick has played for some bad teams over the course of his career. Look Im not saying he is awesome and is the future. What I am saying is for the 2020 season he is the QB and the coach and team believe they can win with him and make the playoffs. Like I said earlier with an additional playoff team and New England clearly not the same team why can't Miami sneak into the playoffs? Fitzpatrick won 10 games with the Jets and Chan Gailey as his OC. Why would Gailey come out of retirement to coach a guy who he doesn't believe in? These guys are all competitive and want to win from players down to the coaches. Statistics don't tell the whole story Ryan Fitzpatrick is capable of playing good football and with a better defense and offensive line who knows maybe he will make the playoffs for the first time.

If we get some tackles to protect him, Fitz will take us to the playoffs next year. I'm fully confident in that.

Every quarterback has been mentored by a vet,
Simple as that. A couple of post back you mentioned that we may have forgotten what a franchise quarterback looks like, We do and that quarterback that you speak of was mentored by a vet. Fitz may not have a winning record but he still has a lot to add to rookies development.

Back
Top Bottom