What is Ryan Fitzpatrick's role | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is Ryan Fitzpatrick's role

OmegaPhinsFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Before you toss the word "bridge" or "mentor," let's agree on one thing, averaging like 5-6 wins a year for his career, needs to be called what it is, a journeyman. Let's not get excited about the wins he led us to, because all that is, is hurting our draft business. In a very limited role, we still don't know what we have in Rosen. You can say what you want to say, the 10th overall pick a couple drafts ago, should have played. In addition, if you are going to draft a qb at 5, you probably should play him. If that means another season of 4-5 wins, but actual overall better play, then that's ok (if your rookie gets PT). You hold two first round picks and with the gaping holes still left on this team, picking in the top 5 again would make sense. Winning 6-8 games next year proves worthless unless the rookie is leading the way. The absolute worse scenario is Fitzpatrick plays, leads us to 7 wins, and we're back to drafting in the middle of round 1, with no qb-play from the rookie. At some point we have to let this thing go

Flores will play the BEST MAN, have we not learned this? We play to win the game. With that said if we draft Tua he may be under bubble wrap year 1, so it'll be the best man between Rosen or Fitz for 1 more year.

Besides who cares about ours draft stock, if anything happens to Watson we are drafting top 10 again.

The team believes in Fitzpatrick. The will start Fitz and try to make the playoffs. With an extra playoff team and the afc east up for grabs why cant we make the playoffs?

so playing the best man at the sacrifice of player development is more important? AGAIN, Fitzpatrick (history shows it) averages about 5-6 wins a year. So please tell me what this does to help the team?
Is everyone using the algebra calculation that Fitzpatrick + A bad team = 5 wins means Fitzpatrick + A better team= 11 wins?

The team believes in Fitzpatrick. The will start Fitz and try to make the playoffs. With an extra playoff team and the afc east up for grabs why cant we make the playoffs?
because he averages 3.67 wins a season. Outside of a 10 win season, if you took seasons where he started 8 or more games,he is 41-74. I mean what utility does someone like this have? do the stats lie?

The last thing you want to do is feed your rookie qb to the wolves. You'll see development alright, you'll see him develop into joey harrington.
You are right. Kyler Murray played his entire year and Arizona only made Super Bowl moves. I think we haven't had a franchise qb in so long, you forget what the NFL is doing

You are right. Kyler Murray played his entire year and Arizona only made Super Bowl moves. I think we haven't had a franchise qb in so long, you forget what the NFL is doing
I wouldn't run my franchise by what AZ does, thats for sure.

Anyway, there is no "blanket" statement that covers every scenario.

You want to play for draft position. We, as crazy at it sounds... wait for it... want to play to win.

I, too, would rather see Rosen. But he can't beat out Fitz. More bad luck for us. Pray Rosen can make a miracle happen in TC.

Whatever QB we draft should not be asked to play behind a shaky Oline. If the Oline hasn't seen significant improvement, the rookie should sit for a year. What's the rush? Why not wait for another free agency and draft to put our future QB in the optimal situation for success?

so playing the best man at the sacrifice of player development is more important? AGAIN, Fitzpatrick (history shows it) averages about 5-6 wins a year. So please tell me what this does to help the team?
Is everyone using the algebra calculation that Fitzpatrick + A bad team = 5 wins means Fitzpatrick + A better team= 11 wins?

You think players didn't develope under Fitz? Please tell me you're joking.

Back
Top Bottom