What is Ryan Fitzpatrick's role | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is Ryan Fitzpatrick's role

Before you toss the word "bridge" or "mentor," let's agree on one thing, averaging like 5-6 wins a year for his career, needs to be called what it is, a journeyman. Let's not get excited about the wins he led us to, because all that is, is hurting our draft business. In a very limited role, we still don't know what we have in Rosen. You can say what you want to say, the 10th overall pick a couple drafts ago, should have played. In addition, if you are going to draft a qb at 5, you probably should play him. If that means another season of 4-5 wins, but actual overall better play, then that's ok (if your rookie gets PT). You hold two first round picks and with the gaping holes still left on this team, picking in the top 5 again would make sense. Winning 6-8 games next year proves worthless unless the rookie is leading the way. The absolute worse scenario is Fitzpatrick plays, leads us to 7 wins, and we're back to drafting in the middle of round 1, with no qb-play from the rookie. At some point we have to let this thing go

Ridge, mentor, whatever Flo wants. He'll start the QB he thinks can win the most games

You are right. Kyler Murray played his entire year and Arizona only made Super Bowl moves. I think we haven't had a franchise qb in so long, you forget what the NFL is doing
I was very impressed w Murry last yr... I think this young man have bright future...Arizona made right choice letting go off Rosen...

The team believes in Fitzpatrick. The will start Fitz and try to make the playoffs. With an extra playoff team and the afc east up for grabs why cant we make the playoffs?
The extra playoff team doesn’t take effect until the 2021 season and hopefully by that season Fitzpatrick will be retired or playing for another team. He is not a QB that can lead a team to the playoffs. The Dolphins will be a 5 or 6 win team next year with Fitzpatrick as the starting QB and will not be a playoff contender until they actually have a franchise type QB as their starting QB.

Those fans who still say winning those games last year hurt us are clueless.

If we had won 0 games last year, would C Ted Karras turned down more money from NE to come play for us and Flores?

If we won 0 games last year would Van Noy wanted to sign with us?

What about Byron Jones, who also took less money to play for us instead of Las Vegas.

After this homerun of a free agency period I dont wanna hear how Flores and Fitz hurt us by winning games EVER AGAIN! We wouldnt have had half of these guys even consider coming here if we had won 1 or 2 games last year.

Nice theory. But it's a hypothetical outcome.

Starter this yr or less we find someone better.. next yr free agent

I think they're dead wrong. Still of the belief that we are drafting a QB in round 1 (hopefully Tua) and we're rolling with Fitz in 2020. Jameis would be a huge unnecessary gamble. He has talent, but Jameis is the definition of a coach killer.

Back
Top Bottom