What is Ryan Fitzpatrick's role | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is Ryan Fitzpatrick's role

Fitz has elevated the level of play on every team he has played for.

His problem is only crappy teams have given him a shot.

He played the highest level of QBing for the Dolphins since Marino retired.

Before you toss the word "bridge" or "mentor," let's agree on one thing, averaging like 5-6 wins a year for his career, needs to be called what it is, a journeyman. Let's not get excited about the wins he led us to, because all that is, is hurting our draft business. In a very limited role, we still don't know what we have in Rosen. You can say what you want to say, the 10th overall pick a couple drafts ago, should have played. In addition, if you are going to draft a qb at 5, you probably should play him. If that means another season of 4-5 wins, but actual overall better play, then that's ok (if your rookie gets PT). You hold two first round picks and with the gaping holes still left on this team, picking in the top 5 again would make sense. Winning 6-8 games next year proves worthless unless the rookie is leading the way. The absolute worse scenario is Fitzpatrick plays, leads us to 7 wins, and we're back to drafting in the middle of round 1, with no qb-play from the rookie. At some point we have to let this thing go

Win

Because of Fitz..Devante Parker blossomed more than he ever did with Tannehill. Coincidence? Mostly, but... Gesicki looked great, even our O-line didnt look As Bad, allowed us to see which guys have hope. We sustained drives which allowed our D to get off the field sometimes, so that we could analyze which guys have hope and which dont. (Charels Harris, Begone!). Fitzpatrick saved our season, from a self-scouting/coaching standpoint.
Only position we failed to evaluate well was QB, in terms of getting enough 411 on Rosen. Maybe we did get enough on him, too, and he's just trash.
What Miami lost in draft position was more than made up for in this self-scouting and build up in confidence in our coach. Fitz, with the help of receivers, gave us all of that.
Tannehill wouldve **** his pants behind our 2019 O-line.

I loved the year Fitzpatrick had for Miami, but he's really a top end backup/low end starter.

Sticking with him too much longer really doesn't make much sense. Miami needs to develop a young quarterback of the future.

Now if the Dolphins draft Tua, I think Fitz plays the entire 2020 season. If they somehow are able to move up for Burrow, he probably starts day 1. Herbert maybe gets half a season.

Uh, he was the rookie of the year.
He was that.

He also had less than 4000 yds passing, a bad record, and was ranked bottom half of the league by many metrics. TD/INT ratio was decent, given the circumstances, and he made some plays with his athleticism.

I wasn't bashing the guy. Hell, he was a rook on a bad team. I just asked Wildman what he was impressed by.

So far I've gotten a minor season award as a answer. That's fine, if that is what impressed you.

He was that.

He also had less than 4000 yds passing, a bad record, and was ranked bottom half of the league by many metrics. TD/INT ratio was decent, given the circumstances, and he made some plays with his athleticism.

I wasn't bashing the guy. Hell, he was a rook on a bad team. I just asked Wildman what he was impressed by.

So far I've gotten a minor season award as a answer. That's fine, if that is what impressed you.

Aren't you being a little demeaning by saying all he has so far is a minor award? All I heard about when Arizona traded Josh Rosen was how incompetent an organization they were, and that Arizona was a horrible franchise. Well now look who has Rosen on their roster after giving up a second round pick to acquire him. Which organization looks better in that exchange? But I digress. What I like about Murray is he is a talented ROOKIE who won rookie of the year playing on a bad team and should only get better as the skill players around him get better (DeAndre Hopkins) and he gains more experience. He throws about as tight a ball as anybody in the NFL and can get the ball to all levels of the field. He can move around with elite athleticism to buy time or to take off and make big plays with his feet. What I would like to know is, what does anyone not like about him?

You are right. Kyler Murray played his entire year and Arizona only made Super Bowl moves. I think we haven't had a franchise qb in so long, you forget what the NFL is doing
I disagree. Murray was rookie of the year and now after going through that gauntlet as a rookie, they are poised to be a much more improved team especially with Hopkins now there.

Fitzpatrick is what we need. A grizzly veteran that owns the hearts and minds of this team as a leader that when hot, plays with he best of them. I agree, going into this year with RF as the QB locked for the entire year is not in our interest. It's all about the rookie. What I want to see is RF maybe play the first couple games until we know that the new OL can provide Tua the safety he needs and rest him up a little more and then ride or die with Tua.

Rosen should go work with the grounds crew and maybe hold the dial a down during games. Perhaps he can use his arm tossing cold beers to the fans. He's garbage.

Flores will play the BEST MAN, have we not learned this? We play to win the game. With that said if we draft Tua he may be under bubble wrap year 1, so it'll be the best man between Rosen or Fitz for 1 more year.

Besides who cares about ours draft stock, if anything happens to Watson we are drafting top 10 again.

Fitz was not the best man coming out of camp but Flores started him
Just sayin
Wish we had seen Rosen with extended time last season

Back
Top Bottom