What is the biggest need? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is the biggest need?

Fischfan13 said:
Championships are won on the Lines.

Saban has been working on the Defensive Line...

Now it is time to work on the O-Line.

A good O-Line will be the only way to find out if Feeley is the real thing or not.
Without a good O-Line it will not matter which RB is drafted or traded for....or which QB is put behind the Center.
u are right buddy, i kinda forgot about all of that, because of all of the RB and QB threads:cool:

Oline.

Unfortunately....unless there are some magical cuts afer June 1st and we can get a great player dirt cheap.....we're stuck with what we have and there isn't an Olineman worthy of a #2 pick in this draft.

RB in the first round, QB in the third round.:D

Lets compare what we have now to Dan Marino while we ponder our biggest need.

I say QB and Alex Smith should be #2 pick. What would Dan say about our biggest need knowing that he recommmended Huard over fiedler whom Feeley could not beat out and now Saban is saying Feeley must earn whatever he gets after putting up a zillion interceptions?

Im probably in the minority on this but I say D Line. Yeah we signed 2 but 1 of them (Holliday) is nothing more than a body. This for a team that finished dead last vs the run. Im not willing to rely on Chester and Tim Bo coming back from serious injuries and having to rely on both to play heavy minutes. We badly need more bodies here because nothing else on D will matter if we cant stop the run.

Id put Qb 2nd and RB 3rd.

Also I think some of you need to have more faith in hudson houck as the OL coach. This guy did a brilliant job the last 2 years with a bunch of day 2 picks and undrafted guys in SD and our group has more talent than those guys.

I think miami biggest need is a good o-lineman or safety either way it would b a huge help and make the dolphins more of a complete team

Fischfan13 said:
Championships are won on the Lines.

Saban has been working on the Defensive Line...

Now it is time to work on the O-Line.

A good O-Line will be the only way to find out if Feeley is the real thing or not.
Without a good O-Line it will not matter which RB is drafted or traded for....or which QB is put behind the Center.

good point any qb in the nfl will pick any defense appart if he has time to throw

We still need linemen, specifically young athletic linemen

A disruptive DT or three. You guys will forget about Larry Chester in one billionth of a second if we get a young penetrating force in the middle. That would bolster the defense as much as a quick and effective center would bloom the offense.

McDougle is a very good addition. But we're still severely lacking in athletic ability on the O-line. Other than Carey and perhaps Hadnot, everyone else is a limited athlete and those guys will get swamped versus the better foes.

Safety is extremely overrated around here. You can pick those guys up when the team is nearly set. Or move an aging CB inside. There simply aren't many superior safeties and no need to pick one high. Hell, Ed Reed lasted until something like #20 even though he was awesome in college.

QB is the obvious trump card and we pick #2. I'm a pro-Smith, anti-Rodgers guy. Feeley is not a championship QB and Saban already knows it. Let's give him that much credit. I'll be surprised if we don't pick a QB first.

Awsi Dooger said:
A disruptive DT or three. You guys will forget about Larry Chester in one billionth of a second if we get a young penetrating force in the middle. That would bolster the defense as much as a quick and effective center would bloom the offense.

This draft sure would be different if the former regime had enough insight to take Wilfork when they had the opportunity. We have so many needs right now I totally overlooked the D line because of all the signings and the fact that Timbo and Chester will hopefully be back and healthy.

Since we are all guessing.....here is my guess.....Saban is holding out for a 2nd round pick from KC to do this: Trade it to Seattle for Alexander.....and then trade down from #2 for additional picks. So basically Surtain for Alexander and you still trade down for more picks later....

Back
Top Bottom