What IS the formula for a Super Bowl team? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What IS the formula for a Super Bowl team?

You have to be, at least, very good on the side of the ball that is your worst side. An elite offensive or defensive team has trouble winning if their other side isn't also very talented.

Spend the 199th pick in the draft on a QB out of Michigan that looks like he would be a mid round pick in a flag football game.

Top 10 qb, great offense,defense,special team,luck and good coaching stuff

As the NFL evolves, and has evolved, the formula and "blueprint", if you will, for what makes a Super Bowl contender is somewhat baffling.

What are the strengths of a team that are considered the reason for their success as a Super Bowl contender? Besides the players, since most NFL teams that are in the top 15 have better to elite players throughout their rosters, what are the x-factors? What formula seems to be consistent, and is Miami in that conversation of contending teams that are close to that formula being complete?

Is it the front office? It's it the coaching staff? Can it be the trainers and strength and conditioning program? Is it the owner? Is it simply the luck of the draw? Is it the rules and officiating of the game evolving to benefit scoring?

Ready?

GO!
Deflate the Balls to your liking
Videotape your opponent's practices
Have the refs in your owner's back pocket
Have the rules committee makeup rules to protect your QB and even name it after him
Get the most compensatory draft picks each year somehow
Visit a rub and tug while in Florida (not sure this really adds to the likelihood but, hey)
And don't let it get out as to other things you may have done but were never caught at
Seems like the perfect formula to me... lol

Have the rules committee makeup rules to protect your QB and even name it after him
Visit a rub and tug while in Florida (not sure this really adds to the likelihood but, hey)
And don't let it get out as to other things you may have done but were never caught at
You sold me at "rub and tug."

As someone mentioned earlier, are you looking for the formula to win ONE Super Bowl or the formula to be in contention to win multiple Super Bowls?
Thats not even a question. How many teams in modern NFL wins multiple SB beside NE?

Its like people saying, I am not interested in making my first million, I want a formula to make multi millions. Pure stupidly!!!!!!

I do all those in a NY second, if it wins us 5 SB. Complaint about non even playing field is for losers.

I like what Miami has, but to reach the SB...

1. O-line needs to finally gel.

2. Rookies need to quickly grow.

3. No season ending Severe injuries.

4. Tua needs to play up to his potential.

5. The coaches need to continue make smart decisions.

Those 5 things happen, and it will be tough to keep Miami out of the SB.

I like what Miami has, but to reach the SB...

1. O-line needs to finally gel.

2. Rookies need to quickly grow.

3. No season ending Severe injuries.

4. Tua needs to play up to his potential.

5. The coaches need to continue make smart decisions.

Those 5 things happen, and it will be tough to keep Miami out of the SB.
Your 4 should be 1.

Balanced players, balanced team, with a good Qb.

In a single-elimination game, it's about matchups. To match up well with enough teams and make it to the SB, you need to score a lot of points/have a top combo of QB/OC/Receiver/OL.
Agree first and foremost QB play.

Distant 2nd- wrecking the game with a dominant front 4. We saw the Giants - Bucs last year to certain extent- Denver - Rams and Niners in losses.

Back
Top Bottom