What IS the formula for a Super Bowl team? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What IS the formula for a Super Bowl team?

Its not about winning a SB... Its about building something that has a chance to get there as frequently as possible... Right now in the NFL, teams who score the most points tend to get there more often than any other category... So we're not building a rocket here... QB > OL(high floor) - WR(high ceiling) > TE > RB. Provided you've got the pieces, if your OC sucks, it wont matter anyway.
yeah it seems the days of great defense and an average offense winning Superbowls is over (Ravens, Giants, Seahawks)

It is culture. A good culture will keep any team relevant. The Miami Heat taught me this. A good gm with a good coach can make any potential combination work as long as they are upcoaching their players.

In the NFL the Pats are my example, yes they sucked last year, but they will undoubtedly rebound this year. Maybe they won't be the Tom Brady Pats of old but they will be relevant.

Even the Heat have seasons with issues but all of those years are used to experiment how to get better and back to winning. I think I have seen a change in culture in Miami and think we are as close as we have been in the last 2 decades.

Week 14 BYE is a secret sauce ot the SB?

Week 14 bye. The Colts, Dolphins, Eagles, Patriots all landed a Week 14 bye, which is notable for two reasons. First, it's the latest scheduled bye any team has been given since the NFL expanded to 32 teams in 2002. Second, the Buccaneers had the latest bye week last year and they went on to win the Super Bowl, which could be good news for the one of the four teams here. Also, if the crazy bye week trend below holds, that means that either the Colts, Dolphins, Eagles or Patriots will be winning Super Bowl LVI.

Back
Top Bottom