What is the knock on Poole? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is the knock on Poole?

Scotphin

Scout Team
Reaction score
Most drafts had him late first or early second. Any reason why he fell so far? I know his workout was poor, but did he not have flu or something?

yeah he had flu. That and personal problems a few years back.

AWESOME pick by Miami. Lacks the size to switch to Safety, but has the ability to do it if need be.

Mebeverine said:
yeah he had flu. That and personal problems a few years back.

AWESOME pick by Miami. Lacks the size to switch to Safety, but has the ability to do it if need be.

Spielman actually said in his press confewrence that Poole CAN play safety because hes such a good tackler. However, hell start at DB and take things from there.

The knock is that he had only 1 good year in college ball, but 2 months ago he was touted as the 2nd or 3rd best CB in the draft.............Madison replacement??

He hasnt played corner for very long and had a miserable workout. Most gms probably think hes too slow to play corner in the nfl.

The 40 time thing isnt so great a knock.

Patrick Surtain ran a 4.51. Poole ran about that at his teams workout.

Isnt Poole pretty fast? I could've sworn I heard Kiper say speed was one of his strengths. Then again, he may have been talking about Robinson or Carroll and I just didnt notice....I still think Pooles pretty quick tho.

Yeah Poole has lots of speed. He ran a 4.51 with the flu and when he was recovering ran a 4.47. At USC they were saying he ran in the late 4.3 range. He is probaley a low 4.4 runner, but that isn't slow at all. Another knock on him is his size, but even that isn't bad. A quarter inch away from 6 foot and 194, but scouts agree he has the frame to gain weight and not lose speed. He fell because of problems at BC in 2001 and poor workouts when he had the flu. I think he will be a GREAT pick and Pete Carrol has had nothing but positive things to say about Poole. I think we have a steal.

Back
Top Bottom