What is the lowest you are willing to trade down? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is the lowest you are willing to trade down?

What is the lowest you are willing to trade down?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I picked 9, only if Pitts and Chase are gone though! I want Pitts!!!!!!!! But if he's gone I will "settle" for Smith, Waddle or Parsons at 9 and a extra 2nd round pick.

Pitts is the guy I want if we stay. I think he is a significant piece of the puzzle in building a championship team here. That said, I don’t see why Gesiki can’t keep improving too and become a coveted elite tight end. Those guys do take a few years to add the weight, learn the game and develop the chemistry that the great QB/TE combos have. As great as Pitts is, his best days are three seasons from now if he is typical. Waddle becomes a star year one and game three. He just has to run and catch. He can develop the timing with Tua on the weekend. Huge impact quick. He makes us competitive on the scoreboard against a high scoring opponent, which we face twice (or three times) in Buffalo, etc. We do need that piece too. Then there’s Penei. If Tua tears up the league our opponents are going to be forced to address pressuring him. Building the line does pay off in the running game, passing and protecting the most significant position on the team. And sounds like he’s a guy who will last a little longer than Jake Long, hopefully. Lot of trickle down effect with that pick, not flash, but it probably pays off a little every snap for seven years. That’s why the guys in the war room make the big bucks. For the bean counters, you can sell a lot of tickets this year, Waddle, in three years, Pitts, or for seven years, it’s Penei. If I can get Penei and more future picks, I’d do it. Same logic applies to the Bengals, so you might be able to figure out what they are going to do.

I want to make it clear I'm def fine staying at 6 and am not desperate to make any moves.

But there's a price for everything. I'm not looking to move out of the top 10, but anyone that draws a %100 hard line in the sand there learned nothing from the Tunsil trade.

If a deal that's BOB level ridiculous enough comes along, there is no set limit to how far I'd move down. I'd have to see what's being offered before I can say if I'm willing to do a hypothetical deal.

In the end I only care about value.

No more trades for our first pick. Stay as we are and take the BPA that we want from the 4 receivers of interest. Why would we trade down now? Why let someone else have that pick? The only potential I see in trading down is the scenario Danny came up with which is once we’re on the clock snd know what’s left and have a good idea which teams picking after us are interested in, as long as we defo get our guy, then maybe a trade down to 8/9 at worst case scenario no lower. But in reality, keep the pick. We will get one of the top 4 receivers guaranteed. Dont play Russian roulette with this pick.

is a trick question because we'd need to see first how the draft is going and we'd have to be on the clock before we make any trade. Now lets say SF takes Jones and Atlanta goes QB at well so QB's went 1,2,3,4 and the bengals go Sewell. That's the best case for us cause now you still have the top 4 weapons on the board so, if you love one of those 4 way more than the other 3 then stay there and take him. If the team is happy with any of the 4 then 9 would still be the lowest I'd go and that'd cost Denver their 1st round pick in 2022 plus at least a 3rd and a 4th this year.
Exactly. If Bengals pick Chase, I don't see us moving anywhere with the 2 teams directly behind us possibly picking a playmaker on "O".

I picked 9, based on this scenario:
1. Jags-Lawrence
2. Jets-Wilson
3. 49ers-If they take Jones or Lance here, then it gets interesting
4. Atl-Let's say they take Pitts
5. Cinci-Sewell
6. Now we have Fields and Lance/Jones that QB hungry teams may want. Say we trade to 9 and Denver takes one of them here
7. Det-Chase or Smith
8. Car-A wild card. Maybe they take the other QB or they take the other WR, Chase or Smith or maybe Parsons
9-Us. We can have one of Waddle or Parsons out of those top 10ish players.
I would go for it.
But honestly, everything is up for sale for the right price. We can say we wouldn't go to 15, but what if NE offers all of their picks this year and next year (I know, unrealistic, but just for sake of argument). I bet I would take it. It also matters alot what the board looks like at 6 when our turn comes. Based on what I think, then I say 9, but that could change.

I choose, top 20. With the eyes on Chicago. They've already tipped their hand, when they made the offer for Russell Wilson.

Moving up 14 spots should net a good amount of draft capital. It wouldn't be surprising to see 1st round picks in 2021, 2022 and 2023 offered to start. With the likelihood, of some combination of 2021 and future mid rounders; offered as well.

This would set Miami up for the next 3 seasons, with Enormous Flexibility. It also puts Miami in position to select valuable players such as Najee Harris, Rashod Bateman, Elijah Moore and others in that 18 - 20 range. Not a bad consolation!!!

Do I believe this could happen, perhaps so. But its also a possibility Miami is blowing smoke to get other teams to trade with Atlanta to guarantee a player Miami targets potentially drops to #6.

1. Jags-Lawrence
2. Jets-Wilson
5. Cinci-Sewell
6. Now we have Fields and Lance/Jones that QB hungry teams may want. Say we trade to 9 and Denver takes one of them here
7. Det-Chase or Smith
8. Car-A wild card. Maybe they take the other QB or they take the other WR, Chase or Smith or maybe Parsons
I would go for it.
But honestly, everything is up for sale for the right price. We can say we wouldn't go to 15, but what if NE offers all of their picks this year and next year (I know, unrealistic, but just for sake of argument). I bet I would take it. It also matters alot what the board looks like at 6 when our turn comes. Based on what I think, then I say 9, but that could change.
I think that top 5 is the ultimate win for us. We lose Pitts who isn't on my radar anyway and leaves 2 QBs at #6. Would actually prefer Mac Jones goes at 3 leaving Fields and Lance. The good thing about Detroit and Carolina is that they are ripe for a trade up with Chicago, Washington or even NE. Both need picks; Detroit because they are rebuilding and Carolina because they traded picks for Sam. So, Denver can't wait at 9. They could get leap frogged. If things go as you have listed and we are at 9, one of the 3 WRs will be there. But like I said in a whole bunch of posts in the past days, if Cincy goes Chase instead of Sewell, this wouldn't be so easy.

Months ago I posited that we were kinda in a no-man's land at #3 and should trade back a few spots to a QB hungry team. The guys we wanted who were top tier elite and filled a position of need, were more likely to go around the #6-#10 range. I posited that I would prefer to trade back just a smidge, with 8 being my floor and 6 being ideal. As the time progressed and team's QB desires materialized, we also saw a growing consensus of prospects making it clear, the #8-#10 range was not going to secure a guy like Ja'Marr Chase. That's when I locked in on #6 as being as far back as I'd trade. Lo and behold, Grier made a series of moves to get us back to #6 and added a future 1st rounder ... Bravo!

I'm very happy sticking at #6 and betting Ja'Marr Chase is there. He's the guy I'd take, but at #6 you'll definitely get a top tier guy who can help your offense build around Tua. So, I voted, No Trade.

9/10.

If we come out of this draft without 1 of Pitts, Chase, Smith, Waddle.... I'm going to be furious. I don't drink, I'm a pothead. But I'm preparing to have bottles on bottles next Thursday night because Dolphins.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet I said best case but lets go now worst case. Lets say SF doesn't take Jones but rather takes Lance or Fields.......so QB's 1,2,3 and now Atlanta takes Pitts and the Bengals take Chase which leaves Smith and Waddle........first, Denver might not even need to trade up for a QB cause they know we're not taking one, the lions are not taking one either and Carolina after trading 3 picks for Darnold might or might not want a QB there. Now do we even want to trade out of the top 10? I'm not helping out NE so unless Denver trades with us think we're staying at 6 and if we go down to 9 we could end up with none of the top 4(Pitts/Chase,Smith/Waddle) so lets not say Grier/the team is "killing it" just yet.
You are making too much sense please stop!

1. Jags-Lawrence
2. Jets-Wilson
5. Cinci-Sewell
7. Det-Chase or Smith
I would go for it.
We do need to pick up some offensive talent. Soon, if we carry on like this we’re gonna have 10 first rnd draft pix in 10 years time snd still carry on trading them away .... seriously though, a 5th and a 6th first rnd pick in 2 years is something we need.We need talent god dammit :-))

I am fine with trading down as long as we can get one of the following: Pitts, Chase, Smith, Sewell or Waddle.
If we trade down and miss out on getting one of these guys I'd be grumbling.

Back
Top Bottom