What is the lowest you are willing to trade down? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is the lowest you are willing to trade down?

What is the lowest you are willing to trade down?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm really enjoying the possibilities and realities of seeing teams reach for these 5 QB's...
it can set us up for the next decade based on what we have already done and add a little more.

I don’t want to trade down from 6. Instead, I want to trade up from 18. Get me two of Pitts/Waddle/Smith/Parsons please.

That said, the correct answer is: I’d be willing to trade out of the first completely for the right price.

Do I want to? No. But if some team backs up the Brinks truck and offers their next five 1s for 6, or something insane like that, you best believe I’m considering it.

who would you compare Chase too? Boldin from the cards from years ago? You think he will def be a good player? I don't know much about him
Actually no. I've heard that comparison but it doesn't really work for me because Chase creates much more separation than Boldin ever did. To me he reminds me of Jerry Rice, because he plays faster than he times, is phenomenal attacking the ball with his hands and coming down with it. He's a bigger WR who always seems to take a well thrown ball and turn it into a clutch gain for a 1st down or chunk yardage. He rarely misses near the goal line. He's got enough savvy to break loose deep but is more likely to turn an intermediate throw into a 50 yard gain. He's a true difference maker. When the game is on the line, he's the go-to guy and he always steps up to the level of competition.

Remember, he broke just about every SEC record and had a phenomenal season as a SOPHMORE. The guy who played second fiddle to Chase just blew the NFL wide open as the best WR in last year's class. Look at his Pro Day ... his physical metrics all improved, he's big and strong with a great mindset and never-stop work ethic. There are literally no negatives to this guy ... he looks like a can't-miss prospect and a sure-fire Pro Bowler with a legitimate chance to become an HoF guy. How we could have a pick at #6 and let a guy like this slide by truly mystifies me. I'm all-in on Ja"Marr Chase at #6. If he's not available, and we pivot, we'll still get a good prospect. But when Jerry Rice is available .... you don't overthink it and you don't miss out because some spreadsheet said he was a hair slow ... you just run that card up to the podium and hand him the playbook discretely that night.

I prefer stay at 6. We didn’t move up from 12 back to 6 unless we had our eyes on 1 or 2 guys specifically. IMO it’s Chase or Pitts. I don’t think trading back would make sense, should have just stayed at 12 if that was the case.

Maybe we had our eye on two more first round picks?

Maybe our FO knew things that Philly didn’t? Specifically about Washington’s potential interest in a QB, which Philly wouldn’t facilitate.

Maybe our 2022 first round pick isn’t going to be nearly as valuable as the first round picks from a team potentially starting a rookie QB?

Or maybe your right, maybe they’ve locked on 3 different players and will be thrilled to get any.

One thing I know for sure, Chris Grier will answer the phone if it rings.

So... a team offers you their next 5 first round picks for the #6...

You telling me that you wouldn't take that deal because you dont want to trade below a certain level?

That's nuts.

Unrealistic? Maybe... but suckers are born every minute... right?

Atlanta has gotta take Lance. Ryan isn't beating Brady in Tampa.

Just suck up the cap number while Lance learns & be positioned to own the division in 2023.

That's an impossible question to answer without knowing how that board has fallen. If Pitts is there, I'm not trading down in any scenario where we fall behind a team that may take him. So if Detroit want to come up to snag a QB with Pitts on the board then fine, otherwise I stay put. If Pitts has gone, all changes. Chase/Smith and Waddle are all close enough to have me unconcerned which one I snag as long as it's one of them. So dropping a couple of spots and still being able to take one of the 3 would be fine by me. It will be a complete failure though if we ended up without one of these 4 blue chippers.

Last edited:
If Chase and Pitts are gone I would trade back into the top 15.

The second tier of WRS can give you a reasonable facsimile of the first tier.

Just depends who the target(s) are. If Miami traded back up to position themselves for Chase, Smith or Waddle, maybe you can get one of them at #9. If it's for Sewell, probably have to stay at #6 and hope Cincy doesn't take him. If it's for Parsons, that's really a wildcard. I definitely could see Detroit or Denver in play for him.

If the Dolphins trade down, I think they need to recoup the #1 pick they used to trade back up. If Grier can do that and still get one of the players he targeted at #6, then that's a win.

If Pitts, Chase, Smith & Waddle are all available at 6 then i'd be happy with a trade down to maybe 9 or 10 knowing we are pretty much guaranteed one of them but if Pitts and Chase are gone to Atlanta and Cincy then i'd pick Smith at 6 because if we trade back with only Smith and Waddle available, we could miss out on both of them especially when you have the Lions at 7 almost guaranteed to pick a WR considering they lost Golladay and Jones in Free Agency. The thought of trading down and missing out on any of these 4 Receivers is gonna be so depressing...

Back
Top Bottom